Discuss hdmi or cat5 at 10m length? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cat 5/6 works with hdmi extender sets e.g

Source > hdmi lead > hdmi extender transmitter > cat 5/6 > hdmi receiver > hdmi > tv

you may need a socket at each end to power them unless you get one with PoE. I've used Wyrestorm and hd anywhere in the past. Both good brands

It's like any cable - it will probably work beyond the actual max in the spec, but there's no guarantee, and it will depend on external influences such as magnetic fields, interference, impulses etc.

T&E for instance isn't specced for video work but you will find you can easily send video down quite a length of it, but it will not stand up well to noise from things switching on and off etc.

Daz

think I am just going to put in the 7.5m hmdi lead and pull in a cat6 with it with the intention of the customer to use the hdmi if this fails then atleast the cat6 is there and hdmi over cat5 extender can be ordered

Reply to hdmi or cat5 at 10m length? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, We've recently moved to a new build where the HMDI cable for the TV etc. are pre-fitted in the cavity of the wall. One end of the HMDI...
Replies
Views
Client currently has a DB in his outhouse. It feeds a pool pump and an air source heat pump. It is currently being supplied using a 4mm T&E cable...
Replies
Views
htps://we.tl/t-JHXw09romZ quick share to photo Hi there. I am trying to convert previous cable network cat5e installed when had non fibre in 2015...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have very little electrical experience and would like a bit of advice. I have a kerosene pump installed in the back of my van. According to...
Replies
Views
I have installed a new Cat5e cable (about 10m) between my network hub and a new office outlet. The cable does not light up with my cable tester...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock