Discuss HDMI over Cat5e in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dedwards96

Hi,

In the hall at my school we have a HDMI 4x4 matrix that receives input from 2 computers, one via a 5ft HDMI cable, and the other is transmitted via Cat5e ethernet and converted to HDMI at both ends.

The 2 outputs again use Cat5 ethernet that are converted to HDMI at both ends. Only 1 output is currently connected and that is to a ceiling-mounted projector.

The projector doesn't receive a signal a signal at all at the moment when using the matrix/ethernet infrastructure, but when something is connected directly to the projector, it works fine.

Any ideas why it isn't working properly and what needs to be done to fix it?

Let me know if you need any more details or my explanation is unclear.

Thanks, Dan :)

Hi Dan,

Most HDMI convertors use 2x Cat 5e cables and require a psu at one end. Have you checked the wiring with a Cat5 tester ?

Hope this is of some help.

All of the converters used have either a HDMI in or out and 2x Cat5e sockets. The receiver units have a DC in. I don't have a Cat5 tester so no I haven't checked it. Where can I get one from?

Hi mate did you store the projectors EDID info on the cat5 senders.
How long are the cat5 runs? Are the cat5s ran close to anyother cabling. What make are the senders and receivers?

Reply to HDMI over Cat5e in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

htps://we.tl/t-JHXw09romZ quick share to photo Hi there. I am trying to convert previous cable network cat5e installed when had non fibre in 2015...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Just had three split Air Con units installed at my home, the ones with an indoor and outdoor unit. I (perhaps naively) trusted the installers...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I was recently ask by a customer if/how his house could be supplied by his electric car. He wants to charge the car at night on low rate...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock