Discuss Health and safety exam help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I'm currently at the point where I'm having to do some health and safety exams. Don't think they are official exams or anything.

iv attempted it twice and I'm having trouble with a few aspects.

hopefully you may be able to help.

theres one question that states

"an employer is responsible for all the persons within the site, persons outside the boundary fence are not the responsibility of the organisation running the site"

is is this a correct statement?

iv done research on HSE (which Iv read through twice now) and it mentions the employer has responsibility for general public but that refers to general public who come into site.

any help would be appreciated

That's a very badly worded question, I'll grant you! But as I read it, no it's not true. I can drop a length of conduit off a scaffold and have it land on someone outside the boundary fence, spill some oil and have it seep out into the neighbours' groundwater, or reverse out of the gate and hit an oncoming vehicle due to poor traffic control. The boundary fence might stop kids getting in but doesn't stop hazards getting out.

That's a very badly worded question, I'll grant you! But as I read it, no it's not true. I can drop a length of conduit off a scaffold and have it land on someone outside the boundary fence, spill some oil and have it seep out into the neighbours' groundwater, or reverse out of the gate and hit an oncoming vehicle due to poor traffic control. The boundary fence might stop kids getting in but doesn't stop hazards getting out.

Thankyou.

That was what I thought but wanted to check.

all the questions are like that. Worded so badly they are confusing to read and understand!

Reply to Health and safety exam help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net