Discuss Heat pump advise please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

Currently doing an EICR and would like some advise on loadings on an air to water heat pump as my experience of these is limited.
The pump is a single phase Mitsubishi PUHZ-HW140VHA and the rating plate states 'rated current 23.3/14.9a' and 'maximum current 35a'.
The unit was recently installed and is fed from an existing 10.0mm 40a supply extended in 4.0mm (joined with 15a(!!) connectors in a wiska box) to a 32a rotary isolator externally.
Now I'm thinking that if the 'maximum rated current of 35a' applies then both the 4.0mm and 32a isolator are inadequate, but as this will likely be thrown back at the original installer I'd like to be sure before coding.
Thanks in advance for any advise.

Currently doing an EICR and would like some advise on loadings on an air to water heat pump as my experience of these is limited.
The pump is a single phase Mitsubishi PUHZ-HW140VHA and the rating plate states 'rated current 23.3/14.9a' and 'maximum current 35a'.
The unit was recently installed and is fed from an existing 10.0mm 40a supply extended in 4.0mm (joined with 15a(!!) connectors in a wiska box) to a 32a rotary isolator externally.
Now I'm thinking that if the 'maximum rated current of 35a' applies then both the 4.0mm and 32a isolator are inadequate, but as this will likely be thrown back at the original installer I'd like to be sure before coding.
Thanks in advance for any advise.

Hi, well the simple way to look at is the manufacturer stipulates a 40 Amp MCB, so unless we are omitting overload,which in this case we shouldn't be, then we need to meet IZ>IN>IB.

So i agree it should be coded appropriately.

Reply to Heat pump advise please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net