Discuss Heating and Hot water Questions in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tomolewis

Hello All,

Unsure if this is the right place but hopefully somebody can help!

I have just ( November) moved into a flat and its electric only, The system hasn't been configured very well and me being a novice to an all electric system has resulted in a £350 bill for two months
cry_smile.gif
. Only my self to blame but I need to get a handle on it.

The flat is a two bed two bathroom set above 4 garages so almost like a detached house really.

QUESTIONS

1) I have 6 x 1000w Convectors, two in the living room dining room, 1 in the kitchen 1 in the hall and one in each of the bedrooms. I also have electric heated towel rails in the bathrooms.

These are controlled by a Micro Driver Fil Pilote 2H.

Due to the nature of my work I work from home at least two days a week but those days are not fixed. I would ideally like to have something via an app ideally that would work via location so it would know when im home and when im not.

As an alternative I was thinking that I could just turn off the power to the Micro Driver but will it remember its settings if I turn it off??

2) I have a Range Tribune HE with two immersion heaters run from Timers, I am wondering how long the water stays hot for in these?

I normally have a shower when I get up between 7 - 8.30am and when I get home between 6 - 8 pm with warm water to wash plates etc etc

Any scheduling tips would be great.

Many thanks

Reply to Heating and Hot water Questions in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good afternoon chaps, I have an Alpha E-Tec 33 combi boiler (with Google Nest 3rd Gen thermostat) that occasionally fails to put out hot water...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Solar Iboost and I understand that when I export electricity, it gets directed to the hot water tank. Is it supposed to be directly...
Replies
Views
Sorry not a question rather a solve.I had no hot water from my electric shower.I was going to buy a new one as it is quite old anyway.When I...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've just moved in to a new property with "all electric" heating system and trying to figure it out. The agency/landlord are of no help so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock