Discuss Heating system wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eagleeye

Im just in the process of installing a large heating / hot water system in a restaurant / bar and need some advice on selection of gear for wiring it. I would really like to have everything going back to a main "din rail" enclosure. I need to install relays in the system as I have 6 motorised valves and 4 pumps and various stats / programmers The boilers are system type so also have pumps in. The relays i need to fit are to stop livening up the switch lives to boiler and pumps when only one motorised valve is on. (if that makes sense !!)

Would like to make it up myself but never done one. But can anyone recommend a company or someone who makes this sort of thing

If you know the wiring arrangement you want then then selection of devices and connections should be fairly straightforward.
The arrangement of those devices to look logical and easy may be more difficult!
If you are unsure of the wiring arrangement then assistance would be a good idea, but the cost of getting someone to make up a din rail enclosure with 20 terminal blocks and 6 relays (or whatever is required) would appear excessive compared to you purchasing the items and assembling them.
The actual wiring would be down to you in the end in either case.

You can do the assembly and circuit assessment off site and simply supply the completed unit ready to wire in.

Just use a big gwiss adapatble box, bit of din rail and some 8 pin relays.

Watch for the 3 phase pumps if commercial! It's possible.

Backfeeds on central heating systems are some of the most comical things I've ever seen, so well played in addressing it to begin with and in the correct manner! Why not put a couple of pictures up? Is there a size restriction for any enclosure? Space is sometimes at a premium in plant rooms because pipe fitter tend to not really care about the electrical installation, the enclosure might as well have room for expansion as things always get added in and there's no point struggling to fit everything in.

Reply to Heating system wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net