Discuss Heatmiser Wireless System in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hopefully someone is out there....:)

I have a slight problem in that the cylinder stat I have needs a permanent live and earth, it then has a no and nc connection out, how do I connect the zone valve for the hw? Stumped!?

If you have an unvented cylinder then you'll also have to wire in the tank over temperature safety breaker too.

Live out from the HW controller in to the cylinder stat, out of that through safety trip switch and on to the DHW valve. Thats all there is to it.

A mare, brother in law filled up and I remembered why we call him captain Leaky!:),we are back tomorrow! I am still struggling to understand the wiring centre as it disables the UFH heating pump when just the hw or rad zones are on. I have it all connected up apart from the rad/ch pump (which I conveniently forgot!) I take I I just take this from the no boiler feed? My brain is fried, next week I am building myself a CH project board to get my head around all this!

A mare, brother in law filled up and I remembered why we call him captain Leaky!:),we are back tomorrow! I am still struggling to understand the wiring centre as it disables the UFH heating pump when just the hw or rad zones are on. I have it all connected up apart from the rad/ch pump (which I conveniently forgot!) I take I I just take this from the no boiler feed? My brain is fried, next week I am building myself a CH project board to get my head around all this!
The UFH pump should only come on if the UFH is calling for heat. If the UFH is calling the primary pump and UFH pump should be running if either the hot water or rads are calling for heat or both are calling for heat at the same time then the primary pump should only be running. What boiler has been installed?

The boiler is a wallstar, needed a permanent live and a switched, apparently with the uh8 if you set up a rad zone or if there is a call for hw it will not turn on the UFH pump which is on a separate feed. Unfortunately most of my day was spent sorting out other issues before I could start on the job in hand.

Sounds like a similar problem to what I experienced. Am sure the next thing they tell you is that the pump is not compatible..... Best of luck....

Reply to Heatmiser Wireless System in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net