Discuss Hello & Help With a Home Alarm in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mbuk

-
Reaction score
hello would just like to say hi & to a great site, being doing electrical work for years now retied which i like even better, now just playing with trains, anyway would like a bit of help if you can, trying to install a alarm for my son,
installed control panel all pir's & cables but now stuck its all to do with the bell box wiring
on the,
cp Strobe - : Strobe +: Bell - : Bell Hold : Sab tmpr :
Bell Box Return : STB- : TG- : Hold off - : Hold off + :

The cp is a Eurosec CPX, bell box just a number BL860DP would like to know which wire goes where if possible, if this is the wrong place im sorry, would like to be pointed in the right direction.

many regards
alan

Thank you

Ov in panel goes to hold off -
12V (or bell +)= in panel goes to hold off +
bell - in panel goes to trig
sab tamp goes to tamp return
str - to str -

Does this help?

IMG_0278.PNG

Going on what you show:

CPX strobe - to BL stb-
CPX strobe + to BL hold off +
CPX bell - to BL tg -
CPX bell hold to BL hold off -
CPX San tamper to BL return

Hope that helps.
Welcome by the way.

and if you end up with a tamper fault, it's usually the back arm of the bell tamper switch not pressing hard enough on the wall. esp. if the masonry is uneven or you have it on a joint.

seems OP has done a runner.

Morning tel, I normally give them gentle adjustment before taking the box up the ladder.
Saves buggering about 20' in the air :)

Oops sorry that should have been 6.2 m in the air for the youngsters :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, Thank you for getting back to me have now wired this up & all works great thank you, I have got hold of the the manual & it says you cannot reset the Eng code is this right or do you have to send the unit off to be reset.

regards
Alan

Hi Alan: According to my Engineer manual for the CPX, the Engineer code can be changed from factory default. It's only if you've locked the code & then forget it, that the pcb may need to be returned to the manufacturer for Unlocking / Reprogramming.

See page 72 of the engineers manual for how to change.

another thing with these panels is that if the engineer code starts with a 9, it can't be defaulted, although if the whole code is known, it can be changed.

hello again like to say thank you for your help, but the panel I fitted was faulty so got a replacement, now can you tell me which cable goes where again on the panel to bell box.

wiring

on the panel ( Accord XPC)
bell + bell - : strb : R- - (BTMP):

Bell Box
Return : STB- : TG- : Hold off - : Hold off + :

Can someone please tell me which wire goes to where if possible, or do I have to get another bell box.

many regards
alan

Thank you

It would be nice if there was some sort of guide at hand

Nah, that would take all the fun out of it.
Anyway since when do manufacturers want to make life easy ? :)

Actually I think someone did write a sort of guide some years back. Unfortunately panels / sounders change so quickly, it was out of date before it came out.

Did yours work ?

im just fitting the panel in now, at least all the hard work has been done, I hope, one thing you could answer me, how can you stop the bell box from going off while im changing panel can i just add a battery feed to it.

Reply to Hello & Help With a Home Alarm in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net