Discuss Help! Advice please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Having no paper trail may actually help you here , the burden of proof is with them and with nothing in writing it is not a strong case . Is any official bodies involved , ie BC, H&S ?
If you are unregistered too, and they knew it and condoned it they are complicit.

If they have issue with the work you carried out,they should at least have presentable evidence such as an eicr from another source that points the finger at your own work standard

The Part P notification procedure is the householders problem
It is the duty of the householder to make sure the work he commissions complies with the building regs

You should have no direct contact with the householder,your contract was with the builder

You are correct Des , that is what I was getting at If the builder has informed the householder that the spark is registered and he is not , it is the builder that is then being decietful.

Chris , I would ask a moderator to remove your personal details in view of the nature of the post and pre judiciary.

Last edited:
OK, so you did something a bit dodgy, but then as said above, the builder is just as guilty of that. And they didn't even give you the option of looking at/fixing any alleged issues.

I would put money on them not taking you to court over this - they know they would have next to no chance of proving anything against you. I reckon they're just trying it on. Wouldn't surprise me if they've done something like this before.

At the end of the day, you did some installation work and you assumed the builder was going to get building control to sign it off as part of the whole works.

DON'T PAY HIM.

Reply to Help! Advice please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, This is my last question/post for tonight, promise. Please can I ask for a little advice on certificates as I am now questioning...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, could someone help with the following please? The scenario is: Domestic property supplied via three phase (with a 3P main DB, NO SPD)...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Need help with a quote here. I’m wanting some sound advice. Was called out to the hot water not working so repaired the issue within the panel...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock