Discuss Help needed central heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi my name is Wendy and I am new to here, I hope you will have patience with me as this could be a long story, I had an ideal logic heat 15 boiler installed just under 2 yrs ago, about 2 month ago it stopped working,(df code showing) I phoned Ideal and they had never heard of me, apparently Dyson had not registered with them and i was not told to do so, after a lot of calls an engineer came out and replaced the water flow sensor, still did not work, radiators sorted (no air to let out) so was told it must be the pump, grundfos pump replaced and still not working, switched off the boiler (as it seemed stupid to leave it on)
we turned it on after a couple of days (hoping) but it blew the fuse (the one in the reset test switch) changed the fuse and it still blew, rewired the pump just in case and it still blew, We are at the end of our tether, we only got the new boiler in as our old 1 was over 30yrs old and being a disabled pensioner we thought it best, NOW I WISH I HAD'NT.
Any advice please!!!!

Hi welcome to the forum Wendy and sorry for the predicament you find yourself in, its one of those things that is going to be hard to diagnose through a forum, its normally a lot of questions and testing to narrow down what could be the cause, hopefully one of members may have experienced similar issues on there travels and could make a few educated guesses for you.

Sorry Wendy, I have no experience on these systems so unfortunately can't offer any advice except can you not contact a local heating firm? I'm sure it's worth a phone call rather than go to the boiler manufacturers.

Hi Wendy, this is something that the installer needs to sort out. Although it's 2 years old a boiler should last a lot longer than that.
If it is the boiler, which it does seem to be, it's either incorrectly installed or a defective boiler. Either way they should put it right at no cost to yourself.

If the problem is external to the boiler then they should rectify the problem and charge accordingly.

I will say though that anyone that just changes a pump and hopes that that will fix the problem raises concerns re competence. Any plumber or electrician worth half his salt would be able to tell you whether a pump was working or not. In fact any problem external to the boiler should be easy to diagnose and fairly easy to resolve. A boiler fault is a different matter though and would probably need a visit from the manufacturer depending on the nature of the fault.

hi again, got the electrics sorted, the boiler flashes Fd then goes onto c, we get a quick spurt of the blue light to say the heating is coming on but, then goes off just as fast and returns to c, WHAT IS GOING ON??????

hi again, got the electrics working, and the pump is working fine, but the boiler is only firing up for a minuet or so and then goes off again, cant seem to get it working properly, showing Fd then goes to c, any help please

What was the issue with the electrics?.. there may be a link between the issues you had rectified and the problems your having now.

If your system has worked fine for 2 yrs then suddenly stopped and was found to have a wire in the wrong place then maybe the engineer they sent out didn't know what he was doing or made a genuine boo boo and put the wiring back wrong, did you get a written report from the guy who sorted the electrics and did he test that it was working before he left... you employed him to fault and repair your boiler, if the boiler is still not working then he hasn't completed what you asked him to do, he would be the best person to ask on the matter.

Here's a link to the installation manual. Fault codes are at the end of the document.
http://idealboilers.com/installer/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/01/Logic-Heat-Installation-Manual.pdf

The "Fd" is a water flow issue so are all the valves open and the boiler properly vented the fact that it goes to "C" makes me think there is possibly an air lock in the system. Was the system properly flushed when the new boiler was fitted? have seen an old system recently where a new boiler and radiators were fitted but part of the pipework was that badly sludged up that it had blocked the rad valves after the system had been used for 12 - 18 months

Find yourself a decent local heating engineer who should quickly diagnose the problem and get your heating fixed (we can only guess what the fault is could be as easy as a valve left shut when pump changed etc) once sorted get a report of the fault and contact Ideal (the boiler comes with a 2 year parts and labour warranty) since it was supplied by Dyson it is there problem and Ideal may put pressure on them to pay your costs.
Hope you get this sorted soon

trouble is dyson never told us it had to be registered and they never also, ideal have never heard of us and i have been told they would charge us £125 cal out, but because it had not been serviced the first year(which dyson told us they would do it but did'ent) ideal would probably not touch it.

Reply to Help needed central heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net