Discuss Help needed for distribution board in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

riccardo_breda

I need help....I'm an italian guy with the passion for the electrician
world…I find a kind of board that I didn’t know, I think this is the english standard, I understand that below there is the mccb, and above the first way for mcb or rcbo’s, but I don’t understand why the 2nd way isn’t connected (with busbar) at the first….Above there is a place for another mccb…but there isn’t the din rail….could someone help me to understand how set up this kind of board? The label report 2+2 way…and not 4 ways……I saw other board but if there is 4 ways there is a singlu busbar line for all the ways....in this board there isn't connection...
thank u…

Attachments

• board.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 45
Looking at it, it seems you need to take another set of tails to the top ways.

So, double up on the 3 phases when you come out of the top of the 3 phase isolator loop round the inside edge of the enclosure and to the top bank of ways.

When you buy these boards, it is very rare that any switchgear is supplied as most people will want to configure them to their or the installations needs.

Other than that have a look here: http://www.electrium.co.uk/Wylex2007.pdf

Im sure someone else might have some other suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
definitely english, but the colours are pre-2004
switch disconnector at the bottom then top links to bottom via an rcd and cabling
as jason said make your own configuration
i dont recognize the manufacturer

Another possibility is a split board produced for using with contactor control circuits. This would account for the wide DIN rail at the bottom of the board, to house the incomer and a contactor, with direct wiring to the top busbar section from the outgoing side of the contactor. This type of board was made available, by some manufacturers for use with dual tariff systems, the contactor being controlled from the low tariff meter.

Riccardo can you post a picture of the label please and also the front cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Help needed for distribution board in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net