Discuss Help needed for110v 63a socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

scouse

Hi all

I need advice on how to wire a 63a 4 pin 110v socket have only ever done 110v up to 32a so stuck on this one

terminals are L1, L2, L3 & earth

any help would be very well received as I need to wire them next week

thanks

Sorry the last reply was for you Rob2, the socket is right but just never seen them before till I was asked to put them in

That's great so just need to order a three phase 230v to 3 phase 110v tx just found one after all that

thanks for the replies chaps

That's great so just need to order a three phase 230v to 3 phase 110v tx just found one after all that

thanks for the replies chaps

????? so where you getting your 3phase 230v from then or are you starting a new thread about a 32amp 3phase 230v supply needed ????

Are you qualified, this is basic cable calcs and design but not the kind of work for a DIY or trainee without a qualified competent overviewer to check the work.

Right now we are sorted what was you question about? a 63 amp TP&N socket with interlocking isolator?

I was asking about advise for a 110v 4 pin 63a socket, only ever fitted up to 32a so it threw me abit, think it's sorted now but would appreciate any input

am I correct on saying it will have to be a 3 phase 110v transformer with a 3 pole MCB

Thanks

I was asking about advise for a 110v 4 pin 63a socket, only ever fitted up to 32a so it threw me abit, think it's sorted now but would appreciate any input

am I correct on saying it will have to be a 3 phase 110v transformer with a 3 pole MCB

Thanks

Its not as straight forward as that, transformer will require calculated protection from overload, due the high inrush on transformers it will need to compensate for this without nuisance operation, the style of transformer to be chosen will be dependant on your requirements for the nature of the load, the loading on the secondary side and the frequency and duration of heavy loading will need to be known as this may effect the size of transformer you choose to do the job.... there are many hurdles to fall over here and most are costly to rectify so although you ask a specific question, to answer it we require a lot more info -

Your profile has not been filled in about your knowledge and/experience in the Industry nor what qualification you have if any - this leads to us having to assume your fully qualified as you have not posted in the DIY or training section and if this is the case you seem to be taking on work you have little knowlwdge in, now IMHO you should only do this when you have good supervision and not through a forum question session.

If you are a domestic sparky and dabling in industrial I would give the same advice, the commercial and industrial field of the Industry requires a well indepth knowledge of electric theory and design + their relative regulations, asking about a 110v 3ph 63amp socket and supplying very little info whatsoever in order to answer your question brings the assumption you don't know what info is required thus you shouldn't be undertaking the work unsupervised.

A lot of members take these kind of replies as an attack or a belittling of their skills and knowledge but far from it we are trying to teach you to know your limitations and also please realise that electrical design and install is not just a matter of knowing if your cable is the correct size, in Industrial it gets very complicated very quickly and Id prefer to deter someone from making a costly mistake as oppose to giving them misguided info because the question posed lacks detail that could prove vital.

So Ill ask again - what is your level and experience?

The week after can you connect these for me?

a500a3.jpg
hc500a3.jpg

If you can connect a 32A plug and socket what is the problem with 63A? Just get a bigger screwdriver.

Reply to Help needed for110v 63a socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net