Discuss Help needed pleaseeeeeee pir with a switch to cancel overrun timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lukethoma1985

Hi all

went to see a customer today. He wants to to try and find a pir for his bathroom which i can connect a switch to which he can push to cancel the overrun. Is there such a thing???

What are his reasons, does it have a fan connected that is too noisy when trying to get to sleep, is he trying to save electric?

Suppose you could use a push to break retractive switch with any PIR with the supply to the fan ran through the switch. Although I don't really see the point in it.

Hi all, thanks for the quick reply. Ive got to connect a fan (timed), 3 downlights. Hes a very specific guy. Done quite alot of work fo him in the past. Basically because of the PIR will be set to say 5 minutes overrun, he wants a button or retractive switch to press to cancel the overrun if he just runs in for a tinkle. Big mouth here menthioned if you stay still on the bog whilst having a number 2 theyll switch off. Basically i think he just wants to save electric but to set it to a descent time that he can have a no2 without the lights going off. Im wondering if i was to place the retractive switch on the switch live to the PIR, wether that would reset it to off, or wether it would knock the power off but then back on to start up mode

Why not have the fan on a separate switch all together so as not to come on with the lights? Could still have over run to clear smells etc but the customer would just have to turn the fan on/off when needed.

Last edited:
I would suggest (and do this often) that the light over the shower/bath is the one that triggers the fan - sure this means 2 switches but at least it will allow him to have lights and no fan!

Is the pir solely for the fan? or does it also switch the lights on?

I can see the need for the fan not to come on with the lights. Half of the time when our shower is used there is still daylight and so no point having the lights on. Permanent live to fan and just use the light switch when you want light and the pull cord on the fan when you want the fan on. Easy. Daz

Reply to Help needed pleaseeeeeee pir with a switch to cancel overrun timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net