Discuss Help please! 2 Way light switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

U need to link the neutrals together from the two twin and earth cables.
And take the feed and put it into L1, along with the black of the 3 core. And take the brown that goes to the light fitting and put it into L2 along with the grey of the 3 core. As long as at both your switches the common is brown from 3 core this should work for you.
Yes this is my guess.

In your first picture you only need the brown of the three core, ignoring earths in the common. The other two go in L1 and L2, one in each it doesn't matter which way round this is assuming you have a live in and then out to the light.

One more bit of info needed.
Go to the other switch (the one switch of the two way lighting circuit) and remove it, DO NOT REMOVE ANY WIRES GOING TO IT.
Now, make a note of what colour wires are connected to the terminals. I would expect to see BROWN on com, BLACK sleeved in Brown on L1 & GREY sleeved in Brown on L2

Being picky, it does look a bit untidy. Hope that neutral sticking out of the connector, doesn't touch the metal back box at some stage.

Think the grommet is in place, a metal one?

I will tidy it up once I got it all in the right places. It's like this as it's still trial and error.

I think I have is sorted now thanks all much appreciated!!

On the new switch snip off all the old ends and redo them so they don't break when you refit it.

I am a DIYer, fitted a few switches and sockets in the past. It's part of an extension to my house that runs on its own fuse box so all electric to this part of the house if off and tested with a tester pen. That's how I know which wire has power and that the others dont

Gonna sound r-see,but,no, you don't...:(

Reply to Help please! 2 Way light switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net