Discuss help wanted for codes C1 or C2 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bradzz

inspected a job, service head 3p 4 wire.
100A BS88.
meter tails 25mm2 ccc 101A
out meter into 2 * henly blocks.
out the henly blocks split into 2 supplies, 16mm2 singles, ccc method B 76A.
1 supply goes to 2* db fed into bottom db then linked to top db via main switch as photo.
2 supply goes into a addaptable box into 2 connector blocks 30A linked to 10mm2 MI cable not sure what that is feeding unable to locate but from what they say it goes of into a tower block? N/V ccc of MI 82A thermo coverd.
what codes would you place on this set up ?.
cheers for any help that can be given my mind has gone blank, and i need to input some wording in to the obs section but trying to keeps it to the min not long winded.photo (2).JPGphoto.JPGGetAttachment.jpgGetAttachment (2).jpg
MI cable has no means of Isolation. except the main cutout fuse.

16mm2 on a 100A head.
should this not be 25mm2 from meter to ccu and MI cable.
or better still 3 p meter to ryfield 63A then to loads, or 3 isolators. just asking?.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. No code. By the looks of your picture there is no problems with the terminations ie heat damage so no code for that

2. There could be concern for the 30amp choc blocks but you need to establish what the load is on that MI

if theres no isolation for the pyro from the service fuse , then code 2 as it needs a switch and a fuse if the run is more than 2mtrs from the supply.

as for the tails looped out of DB switch , well its not dangerous ( at present ) but its not great either.
i'd be concerned that the 16mm tails could be underated for supplying 2 boards
surely its only 10 mins work to put each DB on its own set of tails from henley block

and another thing , if this is 3 phase , then having 2 db's sharing tails means theyre on the same phase as well
hardly great balancing of the loads ?
code 3 , needs improvement in my op.

Reply to help wanted for codes C1 or C2 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net