Currently reading:
Help: Wiring up emergency lighting

Discuss Help: Wiring up emergency lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Trying to wire up emergency lighting, for some reason, this doesn't turn on at all, even when power is isolated it does not come on, so ive added pictures to see if wiring and everything is correct, tested to ensure there was power coming in when CB was on, and that there was none when it was off, any help appreciated, thanks.

Image.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Image-2.jpg

I'm also confused, where's the neutral?

If the unit is not fitted I would run a flex from a plugtop, link out L&SL to see if the unit is working. As Vortigern has also suggested the battery could also be goosed which won't be helping.

Even if he gets it going it may not last a three hour test. As said I suggest connecting up the fitting with a piece of flex and plug top to 1. test fitting works and 2. if fully charged the battery can illuminate the fitting for three hours before it is installed.

If the fitting is suspect, take it down and wire it to a plug top as already suggested.
Doesn't need a link from L - LS for it to work as the unit should charge, then drop the power and the light will come on if its working.
Fitting L-LS link will simply illuminate the lamp same as a normal light.
Another point to mention, when refitted the supply to the lamp should be the lighting supply that is used in the area for the normal lighting where the E/Light is located.
If its wired to the CU this may not be the case.

Reply to Help: Wiring up emergency lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock