Discuss Help with positioning flex outlet to heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

David Galvin

I am preparing the way for a local electrician to connect up a water filled electric towel rail 300w from an RCBO in the CU by installing some conduit within my internal wall cavity. He hasn't been around to look at the job yet, so my question is:
Does the cable outlet position have to be above the heater connection point, so any potential leak doesn't track back down the cable, or does it not matter?
I ask because, the thermostatic controller on the heater has a shroud on the rear to pass the cable horizontally straight back into the wall, all neatly hidden.
Thanks

you'd normally fit the fused connection unit about 6" to one side of the rad., roughlylevel with the bottom, left or right according to which side the flex is. the flex would be shaped as a "U" so any water on the flex would dropp off the bottom of the "U".

Reply to Help with positioning flex outlet to heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views
I'm repurposing an agricultural building as a research workshop, where sometimes reasonably accurate air temperature control will be needed. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
Hi This is about a design problem in an assignment. A cable basket containing several circuits passes horizontally through an internal concrete...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock