Discuss help with testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

U

unders13

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help, I'm just about to do my testing exam at college and not very confident with the full testing procedure, wondering if anyone could wright out or suggest a good way of remembering the full test procedure from start to finish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks unders13

Cripler is a good acronym to remember mate. The test procedure is all there in guidance note 3, grab yourself a copy and read it till you know it inside out. As you read the acronym will make sense to you

Perhaps acronym is the wrong word to use but I can't think of the right one just now

numonic? Don't know if that's how you spell it...

From what I remember:

C - Continuity of conductors (dead test)
R - RFC continuity (dead test)
I - Insulation resistance (dead test)
P - Polarity (dead test normally confirmed on continuity tests)
P - Polarity (live test)
P - Prospective fault current (live test)
E - Earth fault loop impedance ZE (live test)
L - Loop impedance test on circuits (live test)
R - RCD tests (live test)
F - Functional testing (live test)

As above but Ze before PFC.

The full sequence of tests are in GN3.

Not bad for off the top of my head, send me all your homework... :)

PM me your e-mail address and I can send you a breakdown of all the tests I used when I did the 2391. It's more for when you have to write them out but it will give you a good understanding of each stage. Like the other posts say CRIPPLER is a good to remember.

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help, I'm just about to do my testing exam at college and not very confident with the full testing procedure, wondering if anyone could wright out or suggest a good way of remembering the full test procedure from start to finish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks unders13

Try reading this thread this lists everything you would need to know.

thanks for all the help, very useful, i got the GN3 very good, but the step by step procedure makes it alot easier to remember

Thanks for all the replys.

Reply to help with testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock