Discuss Help with unusual transformer in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,
Filp the switch on the front to trackiing and use a pair of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/p600j-6a-silicon-rectifier-uk61r to common up the output of the power supply, thus the heat gets dumped in both sides. The side away from the band goes to the red side of the power supplies, the side with the band gets commoned up and then connect to your motor. Connect both negative supply terminals together and to your motor.
One question what would happen if there was a severe overspeed of the motor?

now that's interesting. The unit was found with 3 leads - one red and two black. Just thought one red lead was missing. I wonder if this has been done before? As for running it too fast the tension of the belt on the flywheel means even at full power it will not throw the motion over excessively.

Thanks

Reply to Help with unusual transformer in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I'm looking to do some cable runs for cat6 etc in my house and was looking for some advice on blind wiring. I'm not skilled but I...
Replies
Views
Looking for counsel / guidance to replace an original Dayton On/off with speed control switch. I’ve checked with a couple local electrical supply...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, So, a friend of mine has a three phase 100a supply and wants to install 2 x three phase 20a fork lift chargers and a three phase car...
Replies
Views
I am a 57 grumpy old bloke called Karl (only grumpy when I'm tired lol) and worked with electric all my life, well at least since I remember, I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock