Discuss Hi Guys and Girls :o) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Are there any girl sparks in here??? If so, post more please!

We have a few hard working girl sparks and engineers here at Scottish Power now, all doing very well...

Hello Fellow Electrician Girls and Boys!

About me? Where do I start...

Served my time (sounds like a prison sentence, and in many ways it seemed like one) as an electrician at SSEB (now Scottish Power).

Worked for a while installing 'White Meter' storage heating as well as general contracting.

Then onto CT panel and HT metering. Worked on Street Lighting for longer than I wished, and as a Fitter for a while, maintenance of Sub-Stations. I also qualified as a Jointer up to 33kV.

After that went back to 'school' to learn Test and Inspection. I was an Inspector for many years until self certification came in, that was a few years ago eh?

After numerous posts since, including renewables and a stint at Dealain House, tutoring the 16th and 17th edition assessment, Test and Inspection and various other safety courses.

Trained as a Distribution and Supply Engineer.

I now work out of Scottish Power's corporate HQ in Glasgow as a Compliance Engineer.

P.S. I still occasionally don my green? overalls, dust off the cobwebs on my tools and go out on contracting jobs. Last job was a Retail Park in Port Glasgow, reeving, stripping, preparing and terminating 150mm SWA is not easy when it's freezing cold! The jointers blow torch came in very handy..

This short resume is by no means exhaustive.

Thanks for reading to the end! :eek:)

Welcome in Mrlights, sounds like you'll have a good bit on input to give.
Good to see the boy and the dog praying before bed. I'll imagine the food is part of the dogs prayers though!

Are there any girl sparks in here??? If so, post more please!

We have a few hard working girl sparks and engineers here at Scottish Power now, all doing very well...

Hello Fellow Electrician Girls and Boys!

About me? Where do I start...

Served my time (sounds like a prison sentence, and in many ways it seemed like one) as an electrician at SSEB (now Scottish Power).

Worked for a while installing 'White Meter' storage heating as well as general contracting.

Then onto CT panel and HT metering. Worked on Street Lighting for longer than I wished, and as a Fitter for a while, maintenance of Sub-Stations. I also qualified as a Jointer up to 33kV.

After that went back to 'school' to learn Test and Inspection. I was an Inspector for many years until self certification came in, that was a few years ago eh?

After numerous posts since, including renewables and a stint at Dealain House, tutoring the 16th and 17th edition assessment, Test and Inspection and various other safety courses.

Trained as a Distribution and Supply Engineer.

I now work out of Scottish Power's corporate HQ in Glasgow as a Compliance Engineer.

P.S. I still occasionally don my green? overalls, dust off the cobwebs on my tools and go out on contracting jobs. Last job was a Retail Park in Port Glasgow, reeving, stripping, preparing and terminating 150mm SWA is not easy when it's freezing cold! The jointers blow torch came in very handy..

This short resume is by no means exhaustive.

Thanks for reading to the end! :eek:)
Welcome

Guys, thanks for the kind welcome! Mucho appreciated :eek:) I'll be on here when i can manage.
The profile pic is of my grandson and my dog Spike, and yes Rpa07, food was the cause of Spike's pose! Well cropped photo eh?! Laters Guys...

Welcome...Talk about well rounded, that is a very impressive cv. Your going to settle in well I think, as long as you can take a windup or two.
My generation of electricians missed out on these fruitful careers, so expect a question or two from me

More girls? I totally agree SparkyChick! More the merrier. A breath of fresh air.

No... you asked the girls to post more, so I did ;)

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Anyhow, my bad humour aside, welcome to the forums. There are a few of us on here, but the others don't seem to post too much, which is a shame.

Girl (bit too old for that label now, but I guess it's all relative), Lady (very generous), Chick (get your eyes tested), Woman... don't bother me whatever as long as it's not something like split ar$e b1tch (got called that once during an altercation with another driver - admittedly deserved it as I'd just made a mistake and cut him up badly), oi ----, or other such monikers.

I have to say though it bugs me when other women complain about being called love and darling. It's common vernacular in some places, get over it, but then I guess it depends on what kind of tripe they've been fed at school, college etc. The rise of subjects like gender studies and women's studies I think have coincided with a rise in complaints about this sort of thing because obviously if a chap is calling you love or darling, he obviously doesn't respect you as a person and clearly doesn't think you are an equal ;)

What a load of bigoted horse ----!

And I'll stop there because if I carry on, I'll no doubt get branded a traitor to my sex as I have some pretty strong views on things like girls who go out, get blotto and get into trouble because they haven't taken responsibility for their own actions, 'nough said!

Reply to Hi Guys and Girls :o) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net