Discuss Hob and oven on one cooker switch? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Noob2013

Hey,

Just seeing what peoples personal preference is really.

If you were to install a 7.2kw Induction hob and a 4kw double oven, would you prefer to put them both on the same cooker switch with a dual outlet or 2 separate circuits.

The worse case scenario is 47 amps total but less with diversity.

So technically it could go on one 45a circuit but if its a short run then maybe worth while running 2 circuits.

Cheers

1 switch/isolator. 2 outlets. 32A MCB feeding 6mm cable. next?

Depends on the situation. I wouldn't put them on the same circuit if they were on opposite sides of the kitchen for example.

I'd definitely run two seperate circuits if the oven and hob were seperated by a couple of metres or more, 6mm for the hob and if the run to the oven wasn't long or through insulation etc then 2.5mm T&E would be fine via a 20a MCB and DP switch adjacent to the oven.

If you were to install a 7.2kw Induction hob and a 4kw double oven, would you prefer to put them both on the same cooker switch with a dual outlet or 2 separate circuits.

Any appliance on or above 3Kw requires to be on it's own circuit.

Worst case situation:- Christmas day. The family and in-laws have turned up for the full monty Xmas dinner. Double oven is on, all the rings are on but then the MCB trips just before the Queens speech!!!!

End result:- The turkey is pink in the middle, Yorkshire puddings have not risen (God forbid!), peas that are like marbles, carrots that you could play darts with and Jersey Royal potatoes are that hard you would only use them as missiles for Tony Cable and Emma Clancy!!!!!

Whilst all this is happening the mother in-law is sat at the dinning table looking at the man of the house with her dragon eyes whilst he is wearing a festive chefs apron and asking herself.... "Why didn't he just get the oven and hob on two different circuits like everyone else?".... ps this is a mother in-law so just have to add:- "This would never happen in my house on Christmas day"!!!!!

Reply to Hob and oven on one cooker switch? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net