Discuss Home CCTV with RJ45 inputs in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

You need to know if the RJ45 connectors are carrying analogue video (unlikely) like the BNC connectors would. Or are IP cameras and that's a data connection.

Just saw this post, I know it's a bit late but as the other posters have said, you need to find out if it's a digital system or analogue. If it's digital then you need an NVR and if it's analogue then you need a DVR.

For the DVR you will need to fit baluns to the RJ45 plugs to give them BNC connectors. For the NVR the RJ45 plugs will fit straight in.

Reply to Home CCTV with RJ45 inputs in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, so I have a outdoor cctv camera that you plug in - I'm thinking of attaching this to the soffit and going into the loft from there (very...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I purchased a Time twin strand bell cable with a rating of 12-30V, 2A, low voltage, not for mains use. I wish to use this for installing our...
Replies
Views
Hi, plumber here so please be gentle (or take the p-ss ;) ), I am supposed to be installing a UV water steriliser for a customer. I have some...
Replies
Views
Hi All, This might be a bit of an odd question, I would really appreciate your thoughts. I am trying to up-date my mum's home, before putting it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock