Discuss Honeywell Logic Six Control Panel in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Alan C

Hi Everyone

I installed this panel in my garage about six years ago. Today I noticed it had triggered on the tamper alarm. I disconnected the two zone sensors(one door switch/one vibration sensor) and re-inserted all the shorts to the control board. This effectively reset the whole thing to factory settings. The alarm will still not arm and the tamper light comes on immediately. I strongly suspect a fault in the PCB in the panel. Anyone come across this problem before?

Cheers

Alan

bet you'll find that using the factory user code 0123 will rest the panel.

No keypad on logic 6 LOL...........link out all zones, pa, 24hr terminals and A & T on bell terminals.
Check panel spring is still in place, on refit cover. present keyfod and panel should be back to factory settings. Refit zones one at a time and test...finally replace bell box wiring. Each stage will find out were problem is situated.

arrrgh. my bad. the original logic 4 was key operated ( i think) and i thought the 6 would have been a later version with keypad.

arrrgh. my bad. the original logic 4 was key operated ( i think) and i thought the 6 would have been a later version with keypad.

Logic 4 was key operated...the logic 6 is a quick and easy system to fit, no programming, just a keyfob..to set/unset.

No keypad on logic 6 LOL...........link out all zones, pa, 24hr terminals and A & T on bell terminals.
Check panel spring is still in place, on refit cover. present keyfod and panel should be back to factory settings. Refit zones one at a time and test...finally replace bell box wiring. Each stage will find out were problem is situated.

Tazz
I've already said I cleared all the zones and everything else and then returned the panel to factory settings and the tamper light was still illuminated. Despite all this investigation I forgot the first rule of fault finding- if all else fails re-assemble everything and try it again. Guess what, the tamper fault disappeared and the alarm reset. So I'm none the wiser as to what caused the problem.

Thanks for all your replies

Cheers

Alan

Reply to Honeywell Logic Six Control Panel in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock