Discuss Honeywell Sundial Wireless Controller in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi I hope someone can help with this. I cannot contact Honeywell to help by phone (lines constantly busy) I emailed them on Monday and still heard nothing.
I replaced a Honeywell smartfit wired controller and programmer with a Sundial Y9420S RF pack3 wireless system.
I have found that the boiler is not switching off. I have checked the wiring and everything looks ok against the Sundial wiring diag apart from the switch live from the boiler which isn't shown. What I did find out on testing was when energizing the system the programmer was all ok, the boiler was off. when I switched the heating on the boiler came on ok, and if I then turned the heating off after a few seconds the boiler switched off ok. But if I left the boiler on for a time then it wouldn't switch off?
Can anyone please help on this.
Thanks

I did it on Monday and have been trying to contact Honeywell since so having trouble remembering.
From what I remember with the programer off there was no voltage on the white and I don't think there was on the orange either?
But when switched on the white and orange came on. But like I said earlier If I switched the heating off after a couple of seconds the power to the white went off, but leaving it on for longer then switching off the voltage stayed on.

I did it on Monday and have been trying to contact Honeywell since so having trouble remembering.
From what I remember with the programer off there was no voltage on the white and I don't think there was on the orange either?
But when switched on the white and orange came on. But like I said earlier If I switched the heating off after a couple of seconds the power to the white went off, but leaving it on for longer then switching off the voltage stayed on.
Then it must be a dodgy programmer/receiver.

That was my first thought, but it's new, and I've never had one go wrong. so I've been questioning my wiring.
I've drawn it out, the only thing I have been wondering about is the switch live from the boiler, because it doesn't show on the honeywell diagram.

That was my first thought, but it's new, and I've never had one go wrong. so I've been questioning my wiring.
I've drawn it out, the only thing I have been wondering about is the switch live from the boiler, because it doesn't show on the honeywell diagram.

Orange from the valve and terminal 3 from receiver connect to S/L in the boiler.

Right so S/L goes to same as pump live and HW on then, Someone told me it went to the white and CH on?

The baxi solo 3 has pump over run so the pump is connected to the P/L terminal of the boiler. The orange of the 3port valve and terminal 3 which is HW ON connects to the S/L terminal in the boiler.

Who ever told you it went with the white is wrong. The white of the 3 port valve is connected to terminal 4 which is CH ON.....CH is turned/timed ON on the programmer/receiver,room thermostat calls for heat which sends a signal to programmer/receiver which turns terminal 4 on which is connected to the white of the valve, the valve motors/stalls in to position and switches the voltage from the white to the orange which tells the boiler to fire up as its connected to the S/L terminal.

Reply to Honeywell Sundial Wireless Controller in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock