Discuss Horrid Jobs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Graeme Harrold

Following on from the silly mistakes thread, Ive just done what I consider to be a bloody horid job. Quite simple only renew 2 double sockets and the back boxes (surface mounted). They were located under a counter in a kebeb shop and litterely dripping in grease, but not the good stuff thats easy to clean!!! This was the sticky gunk thats been there a while. When I removed the front plate, the internals were caked in gunk and a lighter grease was oozing out of the now uncoverd box.

Ive now washed and scrubbed (not to mention disinfected) my hands 3 times, but there is still sticky residue. As for the tools, they are now soaking in a mild degreaser to bring them back to life!!!

All in all, what was a nice simple job turned into a mamoth cleaning task. Next time Im doubling my rates :D

Re: Cr@p Jobs

why didnt ya get new patresses thn for around 60p each and charge the client lol

I did, the box was cracked, thats why I had to do the job, the socked I changed for conveniance, but also charged for. It was such a sticky mess in there! Almost looked as bad once finished due to the amount of grease on my hands :eek:

i have all the good jobs at work. work for sec in leeds on the council houses on set wage so get all the best jobs u name it av seen it even had tenants pulling there cookers out that wererelly aki

Me and the gaffer are currently rewiring an old 3 bed semi built entirely out of engineering bricks! I chased in 23 double socket back boxes the other day while the boss had to dissapear to do "admin" and "paperwork"!!!

My worst job was in Bosnia Had to Clean and get a maciator working in a "Water Bunny" that had broken down on a sat night and it been sitting for 2 days in 40deg heat cooking away. Jess it stunk.

Wiring xmas display for a well know shoe company, was continually being attacked by the swans. thank fully they where more interseted in my mate which i found hilarious albe it a little painful for him :p

Just put in a double socket next to old boys bed, simple enough once I'd moved the cut down jerry can he uses to pee in. Had to wear a mask filled with polo mints to stop myself gagging. Correction, wet knees show he mainly misses the can. Should the socket be IP rated?

Reply to Horrid Jobs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net