Discuss Horse box, well was, now catering trailer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Where can I get a 12volt psu to power a sink water pump ala caravan, tried all the obvious, caravan, alarms, pc,s, aquariums. and I am at, turn next left for wits end. all because I said 230 Volts which somehow means 24 volts to some. being completed and used this weekend, but apart from the above its really good concept might at pics later if I have not chewed all my pencils and end up in A&E
P

Hi dude,why do you not use an easily available mains powered booster pump?

I have used these loads of times,on such projects,in conjunction with plenum chamber accumulators and stored water.

If you have 12v battery presence,a charge managing battery charger would be favourite.

Hi dude,why do you not use an easily available mains powered booster pump?

I have used these loads of times,on such projects,in conjunction with plenum chamber accumulators and stored water.

If you have 12v battery presence,a charge managing battery charger would be favourite.
Can you post alink to these booster pumps
Ta

Can you post alink to these booster pumps
Ta
Hi,any plumbers merchant worth it's salt,should have stock of these items.

One thing to bear in mind,is whether the pump is positive displacement,or circulatory. If your feeding to taps,etc,you will probably require a self contained positive displacement pump,with it's own built in sensing switch. These sense when an outlet is opened,and operate the pump,switching off when the outlet is closed,and the system pressure builds up to relief setting.

The plenum or expansion vessel,gives a bit of "cushioning",allowing a quicker response,on opening the outlet,and a steadier increase when closing.

Some of the motorhome suppliers carry such gear,and i can vouch for it operating most of what a normal kitchen/bathroom would have installed,including thermostatic mixer showers.

Don't forget an easy to find,labelled isolator,for the pump,and NO leaks,as it will cycle annoyingly,with a loss of water causing it to run continuously,till it burns out :)

Reply to Horse box, well was, now catering trailer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock