Discuss hot shower swtch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve.l

Hi , the switch to my shower gets very hot after the shower has been running for around 3 minutes .The shower was fitted about a year ago and has been fine up to now, the wires in the swutc are all in place and tight.. thanks

what's the rating of the shower and the switch? could just be cheap switch.

thanks for the very quick response , im not sure of the rating sorry ,im not at the house right now to check, i had a electrician do the wiring.

If the switch is getting hot then there is a problem. Get the sparky who wired it back to check it out, chances are it will get worse over time, not better.

thanks for the very quick response , im not sure of the rating sorry ,im not at the house right now to check, i had a electrician do the wiring.

Hi, get the switch replaced with a crabtree 50a switch, they are very highly recommended and have lots of wiring space .

Kind regards,

Decolad69

Ok thanks for all your help, i will get more info on the matter and get back to you. The shower is not being used at all . It is my daughter in-laws house thats why i dont know much.... thanks again

if it's to the south or west side of manchester, i can sort it for the sake of a call-out fee + any materials needed.

I have the same problem in one of my en-suites. 8.5kW, 6.0mm2, C32A, no insulation, DP switch, tight connections, hot totty when I touch it - crap switch !

I'll upgrade it when I can find a decent spark, - lol

Reply to hot shower swtch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net