Discuss hot tub fault tripping after switching on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Expected it to go up first & then start dropping.
A few years back, I had a call to look at a Commercial cooker that had been stored in a garage for months while waiting to be installed.
When it was installed in the old peoples home, it tripped out when the oven was used.
Sparky on site disconnected & Meggered, no fault found. But it still tripped the RCD, So I got sent to look at it. I disconnected the oven elements & made up a cable to go to a non RCD supply & left it run, after a few minutes I tested the element & found leakage to Earth. We let it sit & cook while monitoring it, took over 4 hours before it was OK to use.
Has the increase in leakage started to level off yet ?
Only climbing moment ago 116ma

That sounds more like the element has been under water, rather than damp. Wonder if it came from an area that was flooded last year & that's why it was sold off.
Your friend may end up having to bite the bullet & fork out for a new element.
What's that been ? About an hour now, would have expected it to have started levelling off by now & then slowly decreasing over time.

That sounds more like the element has been under water, rather than damp. Wonder if it came from an area that was flooded last year & that's why it was sold off.
Your friend may end up having to bite the bullet & fork out for a new element.
What's that been ? About an hour now, would have expected it to have started levelling off by now & then slowly decreasing over time.
Over an hour now, ordering a new element today so hopefully by thursday will be fixed.
THanks for the help everyone

level off at angels 15. bandits 12 o'clock high.

looked okay no signs of water damage any location, the testing & running of the heater was also taken remove from any other part of the circuit so just the heater in use.

Reply to hot tub fault tripping after switching on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net