Discuss House rewire. Unsure on terminating at Consumer Unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Your welcome, Think we only give out the work of art accolade when we're looking q at Ladder & Tray work;)
Do ladder work all the time. Up em, down em move them a bit. Back on the ladder rack after too!
Only done ladder and tray work in college.
It did get stolen.. er ... recycled when I advanced onto the apprenticeship course:p

Wouldn't know where to begin with tray work lol

Don't know if they're still about but there used to be some excellent pictures of Traywork installs some of the guys had done, somewhere on the forum. Well worth a look if you can find them.

I do carry some A4 notepads however in my car so they usually stay there lol,
All gets jotted down in order whilst testing in my bosses notepad.

I love putting in fuseboards. Nice cosy little cupboards with all my tools next to me cuppa (making sure the kettles been boiled before I disconnect of course! Not an amateur)

What about your temporary lead for the kettle ??:D Anyway connecting up a CU is at least a two cuppa job, possibly three. You still have a bit to learn ! :D

What about your temporary lead for the kettle ??:D Anyway connecting up a CU is at least a two cuppa job, possibly three. You still have a bit to learn ! :D
That's all it's for... first job after setting the radio up :D
Teach me the ways of the CU change sensai!
Got to have a cold drink between. Water if I'm feeling particularly health to cancel out the kebab after work. Keep hydrated. Thirsty work bending all those cables:D

Pretty sure I took the photo before I realised the bus bar wasn't actually in. It's my most recent picture of a board I've done.
Quite a while back though

Oops

(I did say it wasn't perfect! :D)

Interesting route for the tails

Whenever a board is being changed by your mentor keep an eye out on what he's doing, ask questions.
They'll fairly straight forward once you've seen it being done and done a couple.
The tricky bits getting it looking spot on with the nice sweeping cables

I would be concerned about putting up a picture of breaking into the meter to put in a temporary supply.

House rewire. Unsure on terminating at Consumer Unit {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
By no means the perfect example however I'm quite proud of it

Earth to the earth bar, neutral to the neural bar. If it's a dual rcd be sure to terminate the same cable to the same side of the board.

Get yourself a cheap board as rpa said and give it a mock test with off cuts of cable.

Another tip:
When connecting up have say, upstairs sockets on one side and downstairs sockets on the other side so should a fault happen total loss of power to the house will be less likely to happen.
Best of luck
Whenever a board is being changed by your mentor keep an eye out on what he's doing, ask questions.
They'll fairly straight forward once you've seen it being done and done a couple.
The tricky bits getting it looking spot on with the nice sweeping cables

House rewire. Unsure on terminating at Consumer Unit {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
By no means the perfect example however I'm quite proud of it

Earth to the earth bar, neutral to the neural bar. If it's a dual rcd be sure to terminate the same cable to the same side of the board.

Get yourself a cheap board as rpa said and give it a mock test with off cuts of cable.

Another tip:
When connecting up have say, upstairs sockets on one side and downstairs sockets on the other side so should a fault happen total loss of power to the house will be less likely to happen.
Best of luck

Reply to House rewire. Unsure on terminating at Consumer Unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock