Discuss Houses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

... which god would that be that are you calling upon? If Almighty God, of the Jew and latterly Christian, which I must assume given this country's nominal recent historical perspective. Then if His laws were to be kept, we would practice the year of Jubilee which would consistently tackle every 49 or 50 years the greed and corruption that is here described at work! Unfortunately there are considerable vested interests, our own included, that deny this as even a possibility, we all have far too much to lose!

If however, it is the god 'mammon' who is to be worshipped ... then he is not out to help but to enslave, rape, pillage and extort from us all. I fear it is the latter that we see in the workings of today's world!
Perhaps
Dionysus (Διόνυσος, Diónysos)/Bacchus (Βάκχος, Bákkhos) God of wine, parties and festivals, madness, chaos, drunkenness, drugs, and ecstasy.

Who cares if you don't own your own home if you're having a good time?

Simple answer is = Which ever God you follow.

I am of no fixed abode due to the multiple of true religions which I'm friends with and a part of. Every faith states:- Dont kill, Dont rape, Dont pillage, Dont steal but please help Thy neighbor.

Other forums may be better to suit your question/s. Lets not have it on this one. We are talking about house building and how the new/existing government will for-fill their promises. 200,000 new home, I think that is Bull ----.

Like the promise made by the current leader of the Opposition:

UK Housing Crisis: Ed Miliband Promises New Towns

Theres so little between them

Time for change

Paul,

I was not ascribing any particular belief to your post, freedom of religion exists at the moment in this country. However, you brought religion into the subject in your post to which I enquired!

In a world where the book is re-written every other year (at a cost thats extortionate i might add)
I doubt many of us have time for books that are thousands of years old and have not been adapted to the modern world.

In a world where the book is re-written every other year (at a cost thats extortionate i might add)
I doubt many of us have time for books that are thousands of years old and have not been adapted to the modern world.

... would a response be a good thing ... ?

Within the last 100 years humans have gone to the moon, probed space, been to some of the oceans' depths and climbed most of the mountains. We can communicate across vast distances ... and so on and so forth ... we have infinitely more effective ways of killing each other and have or are about to map the humane genome and explore the workings of the human brain!

What has not changed over the period that you mention is the basic human condition ... we exploit each other, we seek for ourselves, we lie thieve and cheat ... even the little 'white' ones ... adaptation of the book is unnecessary! Some of the posts in this thread describe the out working of human nature and the human condition! We might not do what those people do but we ALL do other things that are not conducive to the long term good of the human race!

Human beings are just animals and are inherently selfish, pass on your superior genes to the next generation at all costs.
This moral high ground that most of us humans deludedly live our lives under, is a by product of unusually cleverly developed brains.
Most people are twunts, but thankfully a lot of us can rise above this quagmire. It's a grim world we live in.

Human beings are just animals and are inherently selfish, pass on your superior genes to the next generation at all costs.
This moral high ground that most of us humans deludedly live our lives under, is a by product of unusually cleverly developed brains.
Most people are twunts, but thankfully a lot of us can rise above this quagmire. It's a grim world we live in.

... you missed a bit ... 'and then you die' ...

And may this thread go the same way.

Politics on here is one thing, religious threads is a whole new ball game. Lets not get into that topic.

I would welcome a discussion on religion,I could get the chance to argue the case that human history is littered with the terrible sad consequences of humans who believe in fairy stories and the misery that it has inflicted on the world throughout time

I could have written those sentiments myself

... would a response be a good thing ... ?

Within the last 100 years humans have gone to the moon, probed space, been to some of the oceans' depths and climbed most of the mountains. We can communicate across vast distances ... and so on and so forth ... we have infinitely more effective ways of killing each other and have or are about to map the humane genome and explore the workings of the human brain!

What has not changed over the period that you mention is the basic human condition ... we exploit each other, we seek for ourselves, we lie thieve and cheat ... even the little 'white' ones ... adaptation of the book is unnecessary! Some of the posts in this thread describe the out working of human nature and the human condition! We might not do what those people do but we ALL do other things that are not conducive to the long term good of the human race!
When you have several groups of people who have a slightly different book, each written thousands of years ago, and they have disagreed with each other not only to the point of killing each other based on the discrepancies between those books but believing they have the right to kill others based on which book they follow, do you not think it might be time for the books to become more agreeable?

Consider how many people have ever been killed over science compared with how many have been killed over religion.

'the book' ... you wouldn't be referring to BS 7671 amendment 4 by any chance ... what colour will that one be?

When you have several groups of people who have a slightly different book, each written thousands of years ago, and they have disagreed with each other not only to the point of killing each other based on the discrepancies between those books but believing they have the right to kill others based on which book they follow, do you not think it might be time for the books to become more agreeable?

Consider how many people have ever been killed over science compared with how many have been killed over religion.

... I think that perhaps you should go back through your history books Adam ... killed over science you may be quite correct, though there have been a few; generally where science overturned the world view of important people, and that includes those holding to 'quasi' religious world views! Killed by the application of 'science' ... well surely that is virtually all deaths that are not by 'natural causes'! I think that you would do much better to study and understand what 'good' and 'evil' mean and are, rather than blame religion for the death of so many! Even those who perpetrated great evil will have had the capacity to love and do good things, just as those of us who think we are 'ok' in the good vs evil stakes have the capacity to do great evil if situation and motivation provide!

Reply to Houses in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net