Discuss how close to pipe work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Although it looks asthetically displeasing as long as you dont restrict access to said trunking with regards to maintenance etc, nor does your cable risk damage if said plumber were to remove trunking lid etc you could get away with it if its your house but honestly its poor design to be having this conundrum to start with, what the story and what are the premises,

Are you talking about running that cable alongside a pipe inside the trunking in the centre of the photo? I would say that it's acceptable as long as it is a cold pipe only. Why not just put another piece of mini-trunking in the corner where it passes through the wall?

i want to run cable over the top of pipes horizontaly in mini trunking, yes it would trap the pipes. i can't go over the top......
maybe able to go behind pipes as plasterboard let you know!

Behind would look better, also hope your going to drop down to skirting level and not keep it in the middle of the wall. If that was in my house I'd be fuming! haha

or just pull it taut, something to hang the washing on. i was thinking if he can go behind, then it could be chased in, but only if horizontal between accessories.

Reply to how close to pipe work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, Sorry if this is a silly question. I am supporting my mum with some small home renovations, in preparation for a care home. I am...
Replies
Views
Trying to find an armoured cable behind plasterboard and studding. It was used to supply power from the house but has been disconnected Can...
Replies
Views
So I'm starting out a new rig and I'm fresh out of college with my level 3 without any experience and I think that I need to still have the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Would I be correct in thinking an electric cable can be as close as 25mm to a gas meter ? (not that I'd ever be that close out of...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got an new outbuilding that needs power run out to it, the building is very close to the house and the original plan was to run an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock