Discuss How many EICRs in a day? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkside1

Hi all

I have recently been offered a job carrying out large quantities of EICRs. The manager has stated that he wants 4 EICRs done in a day. The properties are small 3 bed houses all on the same housing estate. Is this possible based on a normal working day? He is offering a day rate of pay but the hours are not known as yet. I was told that I would have 2 hours to complete one. :sweatdrop:

I would venture to suggest that you would be producing pointless EICR's unless the limitations are long and agreed before hand. 4 per day including the paperwork in a working day - Nope.

This will be just a form filling exercise, no chance of doing 4 EICRs properly in a working day, could be tantamount to a fraud scam with your name on the paperwork, my advice, stay well away.

Seems like EICRs are becoming the new PAT. These days, no one wants to pay for it so wants it doing as cheaply and quickly as possible.

Seems like EICRs are becoming the new PAT. These days, no one wants to pay for it so wants it doing as cheaply and quickly as possible.

It is a big contract with one major housing company that rents hundreds of properties. Some occupied some void and I think the contractor has promised that he can deliver x amount of inspections in a small time frame.

The job also offered a van when advertised and at interview I found out that a van would only be issued once the contract had finished as we would be travelling to site in mini buses to save sending lots of vehicles?

Is this an agency contract? with some suit creaming dosh off the top

echoing the other guys thoughts here.but me thinks you knew the answer before you asked anyway ;-)
was there not a similar thread a couple of weeks ago..?

It is a big contract with one major housing company that rents hundreds of properties. Some occupied some void and I think the contractor has promised that he can deliver x amount of inspections in a small time frame.

The job also offered a van when advertised and at interview I found out that a van would only be issued once the contract had finished as we would be travelling to site in mini buses to save sending lots of vehicles?

horse drawn, of course. with a desk inside to fill in the certs as you drive past.

So the main contractor has got no idea about the work they have quoted for.

No mate it's just some Aurthur Daley type jumping on the money making scams, I've had a little experience of these gits, parasites all of them

No mate it's just some Aurthur Daley type jumping on the money making scams, I've had a little experience of these gits, parasites all of them

The thing is, they are a "reputable" Electrical Contractor unfortunately they have a greedy salesman who appeared quite cock sure about the number of contracts that he has just won.

I told him in interview that it would take half a day to complete an EICR thinking I was being efficient. He smiled and said 2 hours. I immediately thought, he wants them knocked out and does the NIC know what he's up to?

Does this position seem like a temporary contract job?

The post was advertised as permanent through the agency and again stated by the contractor. I have just been made redundant so not really in a position to turn work down but my principles are feeling shaky!

Company vehicle once this contract has finished, wants you to rush EICRs in 2 hours. Salesman interviewing you. Sounds like they want you temporary.

May be worth contacting NIC and seeing their stance, especially as one of their contractors has just been prosecuted for a problem with a EICR they carried out.

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole your name will be on the certificate something goes seriously wrong you will be in front off the man with the white wig and black gown.

At 2 hours for perhaps 5 or 6 circuits, you can't hope to test all of them anywhere near properly, and will have to skip a lot of the tests.

For example, a socket RFC, you won't have time to cross connect L-E and measure R1+R2 at each outlet - probably Zs measurements and IR tests are all you can do. And you maybe won't even have time to start disconnecting cables at the CU to measure IR for individual circuits, it will be a global measurement.

So then either you have a lot of LIMs on the test sheet (I've seen this) or instead you start making the numbers up (I've seen this too).

But what if you just measure Zs at the sockets and the results suggest a broken ring? Or the global IR tests are low and you need to find out which circuit is causing this? And there is no time to test fully.

That is what I was thinking.
I would have to IR the whole db with socket and light switches off.
Take Zs measurements and calculate R1+R2 values or R2 lead test at furthest point.
I don't believe there are RCDs in these properties so that saves time.
All the properties are modular and exactly the same.
The contractor said he will only deal with C1s.
The visual inspection would be done in 10 minutes on the fly.
The paperwork would have to be filled in on the way home in the back of the wagon.
The company are apparently well respected and known by NICEIC?
Surely there would have to be some pre-arranged limitations stated in the contract?
They said that any remedial works would be subbed out so broken rings would just be put down as a fail or C1.

There you go, inform NICEIC that one of their registered AC members are conducting full EICR's for a housing association in 2 hours. Then ask, do they really need another court case where their members are being prosecuted for failing to adequately test, (causing the death of another child) along with falsifying test report sheets?? Let's see what happens, ....but don't whatever you do, hold your breath!!

It is out and out fraud whatever way you look at it, as any official document issued, isn't worth the paper it's written on... I would also go as far as saying the housing association is just as liable, for not conducting regular site visits ensuring work being undertaken, meets the criteria of the contract specifications awarded to this cowboy outfit!!

Reply to How many EICRs in a day? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net