Discuss how much for 2 single blank plate from CEF in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bugsy

Just going through the expenese claims for last week and iv'e a receipt from CEF for 2no white plastic blank plates quess how much = and its over £2.

I've also had poor experience of CEF and have slated them a plenty.

Needed some 10mm t+e today, so as usual go to local guy who I normally use and he quoted 2.80 + vat per meter.

Just to see I phoned my nearest CEF and they wanted 2.25 + vat per meter. Local guy said he couldn't budge on the price, so today, for the first time in a long time i'used CEF:mad:

I was quite good friends with someone high up in CEF a few years back. When he left he gave me a little insight to the way they work. If you look at the dates on the invoice you will see it is done on the day you placed the order, whether they have the goods, have delivered them or have to order them in. And if it crosses the monthly divide you can bet it will appear on the previous months statement. They invoice quick, but delay sending out even if you do it online, and assume that you won't return anything. If you do you need to chase them frequently for the credit note. Best way to resolve it is to buy some good price cable from them (like 10mm!) and don't pay until you receive the credit note for the stuff you returned.

Our local manager can't understand that I don't like stuff turning up to site when I am not there and I refuse to pay my bill because it has gone missing. And they quote 1 price and charge higher. Screwfix and Toolstation is the future because you know what you are going to pay, makes it easier to invoice and quote.

These wholesalers charge what they want as they get people coming in from big contractors , they come in driving a brand new merc, in a suit and shiny black shoes (to get out of the office for a jolly and remove the opportunity for one of the other "real" workers to go for a couple of hours off site) and put a list on the counter.......6 bayonet cap light bulbs, a cheapo terminal screwdriver.....4 x 3 pin household plugs, 2 rolls of tape, 4 double sockets (white plastic unbranded crap)........----es a chrome double socket in as well for the kitchen back home.......calculator comes out....beep...beepbeep...beep...beep....and thats two hundred and twenty four sixty eight.........(long pause)......Aplus Athevat .....its ok pal just stick it on the slate....customers paid for it already Ha Ha Ha....

The "Office worker" punters dont give a flying kite about the price, they aint paying for it they just put it on the slate.....and when we come in after them the wholesaler (the shop worker, as the real owner is in Barbados year round) just sees another sucker...they think we have access to large amounts of cash to throw around like sweety money and try it with us as well......the old "mickey mouse" pricing scheme....thats why NOWHERE ever has prices on the shelf...and if you ask they will try to give you crap about the metal markets and commodity prices when refering to the pricing of electrical tape and plastic conduit..."it changes all the time" yeah sure rite.....

The big contractors waste money as they are dealing in millions every year anyway and just leave it to the company accountants to settle up with the wholesealer once every 3 months.....and we get hit with the same goldrush pricing scheme...

I worked for CEF for 18 years. Their main objective is to make as much money as possible. If you use them get everything quoted beforehand otherwise they will just see it as an excuse to make money and charge whatever they can get away with.

Reply to how much for 2 single blank plate from CEF in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net