Discuss How much to charge for an EICR in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you think this is too much or too little? It seems not unreasonable to me, depending where in the country you are and your hourly rate.
Seems a lot to me but if you get the work all is well and good. I think on domestics a charge per circuit is not always viable and maybe once you have done a few you will be able to put a rule of thumb charge list together. You could have a flat rate per dwelling according to the amount of bedrooms and then allow a charge for costings above this, for example a one bed you could assume 7 circuits for X amount and then say £20 for any circuit above this. You could also come up with a repair schedule for replacing accessories which are damaged but okay this with the client first. Always factor in some Report writing time.

Seems a lot to me
Yeh I have done a lot, maybe too many. As I said before I know a guy who charged a £100 per circuit and got a job testing twelve consumer units at that rate. A thing is worth what the market will bear. Anyway as far as I am concerned the average house has six or so circuits so we are talking £180-£200. Which is quite inexpensive imo. The underlying fact with EICR is work arising from the EICR. I normally offer to discount the price of the EICR from the work arising, or 50% depending on the amount of work. I don't rely on EICR as being the mainstay of my income btw. But finally the cost per circuit is based on an hourly rate of £35 which I am not going to get out of bed for less which is the bottom line for me.

The trouble is that people think that is all going into your back pocket they forget that there is costs eg test meter & calibration public & indemnity insurance the list goes on.

Fair comment Vortigern I was thinking more commercial for pricing and not domestic.
Some git just gave me a bad spelling tag at #4, I can't see how.

Tee hee.
Looks like it's the only tag he's handed out in six years membership.

Perhaps it was for missing out the comma after 'any'. Even I wouldn't be that picky (usually).
Perhaps, although he may find that that is actually poor grammar rather than spelling!

I don't get involved in testing myself but the company I work for pays its testers 45.00 per test and expects 3 tests per day, somewhat different to the rates quoted here.

I would certainly like the "dumb" one removed as if is highly offensive and defamatory to those who are clinically described as dumb. No idea what was going through the staffs minds.
It may be Westy that they came as a group and Dan was unable to remove them individually.

It may be Westy that they came as a group and Dan was unable to remove them individually.
Maybe and I am glad to see people are avoiding it although I did get one yesterday from someone who hasn't posted anything since 2013??

I would hope it would only be used in jest in a reply that could clearly be seen for what it is, We have a decent array of members now that for the most part all rub along together and help each other out so I don't think it will be an issue.

I completely understand that because Lee gave me one yesterday, if you know what I mean and it didn't bother me it takes a lot to offend me.
I just thought about the true meaning of the word and as we generally don't know each other it could be deemed offensive.

Reply to How much to charge for an EICR in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net