Discuss How should Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate be Updated? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reading between the lines i reckon the spark involved might be caught between a rock and a hard place here. Customer sounds like he is getting too involved and the builder is probably piling a load of previously unmentioned work on him.

Reading between the lines i reckon the spark involved might be caught between a rock and a hard place here. Customer sounds like he is getting too involved and the builder is probably piling a load of previously unmentioned work on him.
we at least he is being issued with a cert there is a lot of so called electricians or Electrical Trainee as Pete999 calls them who don't

I just picked up on the part of the OP that said "my builder". If a builder is involved at the sharp end then its bound to end up in a mess.

If the original EIC was accurate when it was done and then some changes were made (but no new circuits etc) isn't it simpler to reflect those in a Minor Works Cert ?

Can't wait for the OP to reply again. Sensibly he/she probably went off to have dinner (or tea!) and then watch tv, read a book, or gone to the pub. Or just happy there is nothing to be concerned about, and slept soundly.

Hello,

I recently had house rewired and was left the Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate for the work.

In the "Details of the Installation" section it had "New" ticked under "The installation is" part so i.e. is saying is a new installation.

I later received a Building Regulations Certificate of Compliance for this work from NICEIC.

However the work was not fully finished at the time the Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate was filled out, dated and signed and since then a few bits more were done to finish the job. These included adding a socket to a loop that was ready for it, adjustment to wiring to another socket and installation of an extractor fan.

I pointed out to my builder that work had been done since the Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate was filled-in and as I understood it it should only been signed and dated once all work is complete.

He has now got Electrician to fill out, date and sign another Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate done after the all the work actually finished.

However the new Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate is marked to indicate the installation is "An addition" and not "New" even though in the "Details of the Installation" section it still says that the work is a "full rewire to property..." etc.

Should the new Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate be marked to show the installation as "new" still?

Also how will NICEIC deal with this new Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate when they receive it? Will they just issue another Building Regulations Certificate of Compliance or will they question why they have got it again from the Electrician etc.?

My other concern/question is that I think in the "Circuit Details" section some of the numbers re. things like lights and sockets may be incorrect. For example for some of the "Number of points served" entries the number of lights seems to be too high compared to the actual number of lights; will this cause me any issues down the line, for example when come to sell, if these don't tally? Also If a light switch turns on multiple light bulbs such as bathroom ceiling lights are these lights counted as 1 point served or is it 1 point served for each actual light bulb? This might go some way (but not all the way) to explaining the differences in numbers written on the form and actual numbers in house.

Also the Building Regulations Certificate of Compliance has no referrence to the extractor fan.

Any help to understand this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I think I started this on your post about the kitchen, the loop for the socket etc.

No certificate should be issued on a rewire until it's complete..... Which is often one of the very last things to be done on the job

I think I started this on your post about the kitchen, the loop for the socket etc.

No certificate should be issued on a rewire until it's complete..... Which is often one of the very last things to be done on the job

[QUOTE="Midwest, post: 1235559, member: 32360"]Can't wait for the OP to reply again. Sensibly he/she probably went off to have dinner (or tea!) and then watch tv, read a book, or gone to the pub. Or just happy there is nothing to be concerned about, and slept soundly.[/QUOTE]
You have a good memory Murdoch, I retract what I said in that case.:)

Reply to How should Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate be Updated? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock