Discuss How to check if a fuse feeds a ring final or 2 radial circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I would defo call them and push to get them to rectify this.

Theres a thin line between giving advice for you to solve the problem yourself and endangering you and your family. I'm sure you are more than capable of carrying out the work with the correct guidance in person. However we can not see or really interpret what you've got, what you've done and what you should do safely without actually being there.

Hope you get this problem sorted

If you know who butchered you electrics, get em back to unbutcher it common sense really

The problem is it's only my logic that says it's them. There is no proof.

I've changed the fuse to a plug in mcb for them, for my own peace of mind I don't want them struggling in the night They can just flick the switch instead.
Doesn't solve the problem just helps them get power back on.

The problem is it's only my logic that says it's them. There is no proof.

I've changed the fuse to a plug in mcb for them, for my own peace of mind I don't want them struggling in the night They can just flick the switch instead.
Doesn't solve the problem just helps them get power back on.
So the Cowboys who installed the boiler didn't leave any paperwork, a MNWC as an example?

OP I think by now you should have got an electrician in to check the installation. It's possible an appliance is causing the fault, but you need to be sure. Adding a plug-in MCB, might make it easier to reset the faulty circuit, but you can't just keep resetting it every time. It's possible at some point the MCB might not operate correctly, which could be dangerous.

Call in an electrician. In the meantime, disconnect every unnecessary appliance.

OP I think by now you should have got an electrician in to check the installation. It's possible an appliance is causing the fault, but you need to be sure. Adding a plug-in MCB, might make it easier to reset the faulty circuit, but you can't just keep resetting it every time. It's possible at some point the MCB might not operate correctly, which could be dangerous.

Call in an electrician. In the meantime, disconnect every unnecessary appliance.

The electrician from brother in laws work is coming but just taking a while for him to get round. Been 3 weeks upto now and hopefully he'll just test and say yes it's a ring then the 30a fuse can go in.

Thanks for the reply.
Your right pal I'm not a spark but I'm not a numpty either if you know what I mean. Yes I do have a multi meter. In your opinion is it something I can do with the help of good people like yourself ?
For reference this is not for a job but just to help my pensioner in laws out as it appears someone has, like I said, put a 15a fuse into a 30a carrier. I just want to sort it for them so they don't lose all sockets as they currently have done 4 times in the last 3 weeks.
Thanks for any constructive advice I really do appreciate it.

Best thing to do would be the below.

Presuming that's a minor works notice. Would that be necessary as the boiler just plugs in to a nearby socket ❓
You are right as in no they wouldn't have to produce a minor works for a plug in boiler. A professional firm would have provided a switched FCU hopefully on a dedicated circuit with a minor works or EIC.

You are right as in no they wouldn't have to produce a minor works for a plug in boiler. A professional firm would have provided a switched FCU hopefully on a dedicated circuit with a minor works or EIC.

Dedicated circuit for the boiler? Is that more professional? Why is that?

Dedicated circuit for the boiler? Is that more professional? Why is that?

Get an issue on your sockets and you've also got no boiler.....for a more professional job surely it's better to split as many items as possible, within reason. I know I'd much rather (& I consider it more professional) have my boiler on its own FCU and ideally it's own circuit than on a plug top (which is what I said, with out you paraphrasing).

Reply to How to check if a fuse feeds a ring final or 2 radial circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock