Discuss How to record the rear parking camera? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kamikaze

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have recently turned from the dark side with Mitsubishi (cars of Satan) and now roll around in a Lexus even though I still love going sideways everywhere in my van. Obviously this is a superior car to the Mitsu but I only got rid of it because I‘ve now turned gay. What I really want to know is, where is the Mario Kart button and is there any way of recording the rear parking camera? I’ve got a friend that had her brand new car written off because another car piled into the back of her, while she was waiting at a junction to turn right. The other driver has now claimed that she reversed into him and turned the insurance claim into a fiasco. Not being an optimist when it comes to the peccadilloes of the human race, I’m hoping to cover eventualities like this by having my rear recorded.

I've no idea if you can record using the reversing camera but you can buy rear view mirrors (they clip on over the existing mirror) that have rear and forward facing cameras that record onto a micro sd card.
Oh, and congratulations on coming out! :)

My local garage is selling 15gb sd card dash cameras for under £20.
I think this would be an easier conversion, rather than upsetting the delicately minded ECU mafia.....

You could be right there. I’ve studied the car manual to no avail but there has got to be a way of splitting / mirroring the image as it goes into the dash display. Just figured that one of my learned electrical friends might have tried this mod before. At £20 for a dedicated system, it won’t be worth the ball ache of messing around with it, especially since I would have to do the alteration without Mrs K’s knowledge. And not much gets past her.:)

Trouble is with the modern stuff all the voltages are monitored by the cars 'brain', and it is is more divisive and sadistic than ours.
Any strange signals could wreak havoc

Last edited:
I have recently turned from the dark side with Mitsubishi (cars of Satan) and now roll aroundI‘v in a Lexus even though I still love going sideways everywhere in my van. Obviously this is a superior car to the Mitsu but I only got rid of it because e now turned gay. What I really want to know is, where is the Mario Kart button and is there any way of recording the rear parking camera? I’ve got a friend that had her brand new car written off because another car piled into the back of her, while she was waiting at a junction to turn right. The other driver has now claimed that she reversed into him and turned the insurance claim into a fiasco. Not being an optimist when it comes to the peccadilloes of the human race, I’m hoping to cover eventualities like this by having my rear recorded.

...These two statements,would not normally worry me in the slightest...had they not been in the same post :sailor:

...Everybody is just obsessed at the moment,with the in/out debate...

On reflection, that decision may have been a bit hasty. I forgot that a wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey! I’m getting back into the closet…lol.

And as for the camera, I didn’t realise what I really needed was some parking sensors. Lady K has already wrapped the car round a concrete pillar in the multi-storey car park. Given the time she spends looking at her backside in the mirror, you would have thought she would be able to reverse into a parking space.:cry_smile:

Reply to How to record the rear parking camera? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock