Discuss http://www.electric-cooker-installation.co.uk/Part-P/Part-P-Electrician.html in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

since when has membership of a scam been necessary to connect appliances?

It's not needed Tel, just one of the ways the scams use to make more money.
Pretty much like they did a few years back with the Alarm industry, trying to tell us we had to be Part P to connect a panel to a pre installed spur.
Loads of people tell for that one :rolleyes:.

sounds like a money extortion site if you ask me, had a look at it and the site is very poorly made, I wouldn't want to hand over my details...
You are more likely to get such work by going down your local b and q and put your business card in the boxes with cookers, fires, lights etc in... a mate did it at homebase a few years back, specifically targeting the expensive lights. he got quite a few jobs out of it. his reason being if somebody is spending upwards £150 for a replacement light then £50+ to have it installed is nothing.

Reply to http://www.electric-cooker-installation.co.uk/Part-P/Part-P-Electrician.html in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
I have a large gym in the garden and it gets ridiculously hot in the summer. I have utilised pretty much every inch of space and do not want to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Currently 1st fixing new extension however the existing cooker hood duct which was on outside wall will now be part of new utility...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I recently moved out of my rented property, and as expected, my landlord is attempting to withhold a significant portion of my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock