Discuss I need serious help. Or counselling in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best stick with the Fluke if your after street cred .
( An a nice pair of Pliers )...
A shopping list is born !

I'm afraid I've already bought the pliers and side cutters. Knipex, with a little hole in to strip the insulation. I had to go to b&q and buy a metre of 2.5 t&e to check if they worked

I think I'm in danger of reviling a lot more than I intended and I'm feeling a bit guilty now. You guys are not helping at all. But your very skilled at teasing a confession out.

I'm afraid I've already bought the pliers and side cutters. Knipex, with a little hole in to strip the insulation. I had to go to b&q and buy a metre of 2.5 t&e to check if they worked

I think I'm in danger of reviling a lot more than I intended and I'm feeling a bit guilty now. You guys are not helping at all. But your very skilled at teasing a confession out.

Don't forget we've had years of practice ;) Your local TLC sells cable by the metre & much cheaper than B & Q.

Chris We have Qualified Sparkies, trainees, DIYers and Apprentices on this forum, I'm at a loss to know Which group to lump you in, you're a first, an enigma someone who just likes Electricians tools, if you are retired and you have the funds and the wherewith all, go take some courses, oh and let us know what stuff you go for, failing that, check in at the nearest shrinks office, good luck Chris, and keep posting, a refreshing change.

I have 3 pairs of stilsons from 12-24". I needed a (one) set for a job but couldn't resist the Regid stand in my local builders shop. I feel American everytime I pick them up. Consumerism is a cruel mistress.
Yes Will but you might actually use them one day, Chris will buy this meter play with it for a few days until the wet string dries out, and then leave them in the shed.

Wear off, Your kidding right ? It'll turn into an itch you have to scratch :D.
Your not alone, tool fever gets to lots of us on the forum ;):)
Us telling you not to, wouldn't work either. The pull would just get stronger.

You are 100% right . I should just lie down , but I can't.
I am looking at a new clamp meter I will (maybe) never need because my DCM 1000p is catching up on me with age .

You just do it @Devonchris, it will keep you going.
I indignantly said to myself I won't do the 18th but ... :)

I suggest you rent what you want in order to assuage your compulsions with the ability to return it when you are sated. Perhaps you could apply for a gold card with JIB. Whether you have the qualifications or not to get one you will find the communication and progress good aversion therapy for that aspect of your peccadilloes.
A virtual reality headset with electrical scenarios might also help with your erstwhile compulsions and ameliorate your current tendencies.
Apart from that I suggest laying down in a quiet corner with heavy stones on your head for ten days, this works wonders with most of my patients.
Auntie Sparks

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you rent what you want in order to assuage your compulsions with the ability to return it when you are sated. Perhaps you could apply for a gold card with JIB. Whether you have the qualifications or not to get one you will find the communication and progress good aversion therapy for that aspect of your peccadilloes.
A virtual reality headset with electrical scenarios might also help with your erstwhile compulsions and ameliorate your current tendencies.
Apart from that I suggest laying down in a quiet corner with heavy stones on your head for ten days, this works with most of my patients.

It is good to see that the quality of councillors is improving.

Reply to I need serious help. Or counselling in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net