Discuss Iceland - decision not to join the EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

So girls and guys, its Friday and I noticed this on the BBC website:

BBC News - Iceland drops EU membership bid

Have they done the right thing?

Will they regret it later?

Will import taxes be imposed on Icelandic produce when it arrives in the EU?

Are we envious?

Could this the beginning of changes for the EU as Brusselles believe that Eutopia land is all around them under their control??

Discuss

does it also mean that peter andre will stop shopping there?

Iceland may have shelved their plans (see what I did there :) ) but I have it on good authority that Aldi are still going full steam ahead with their EU membership

With the Greece fiasco still up in the air , and the possible implications it would have if they have to leave , and parts of uerozone in recession then nobody will want to join the euro ...

I am going to steer away from all the puns. The reason iceland stayed out was because they did not want to surrender their fishing quota and as a reasonably wealthy country they couldn't be arsed paying for greece and portugal etc.

I am going to steer away from all the puns. The reason iceland stayed out was because they did not want to surrender their fishing quota and as a reasonably wealthy country they couldn't be arsed paying for greece and portugal etc.
and the bloody frogs and bone idle "si senoritas"

Reply to Iceland - decision not to join the EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock