Discuss Identifying BS88 fuse? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stormflex

Main fuse carrier says 100A 415V BS88 1967 on it.

Looking in OSG page 57 for short-circuit capacity there is a BS88-2 and BS88-6.

How do I know which I have?

Thanks

Rich

BS88-2 are common, renames BS1361 as far as i can tell. 16kA.

Thanks - 50kA is my answer then.

Now I've just got to try and figure out some of the cable sizes. Lighting and sockets easy. Think the cooker looks like a 6mm!

Main fuse carrier says 100A 415V BS88 1967 on it.

Looking in OSG page 57 for short-circuit capacity there is a BS88-2 and BS88-6.

How do I know which I have?

If you cant ID the main fuse model, then i would i assume it to be the one with the lowest breaking capacity and record that. As long it is below the PEFC / PSCC measurement its not that important in my mind. As most PEFC/PSCC readings are below 6kA it should be OK. As someone has already said it has been renamed BS1361 in almost all domestic situations, and that is what i always use with the odd exception anyway.

Cheers........Howard

Reply to Identifying BS88 fuse? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, With regards to modelling a multi service distribution board, how would you guys model it in Amtech? I have tried using a TPN...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently bought a house and I have a fused switch in my living room which I don't know what it's for. I believe it was a switch for a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Had UKPN come out to a property recently to upgrade the main fuse from 60A to 100A but when they arrived they said that the supply cable which he...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock