Discuss IET Code of Practice in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

On the subject, it appears that the changes in the 4th edition are soley to do with frequency of testing. I think that the responsibility of frequency will lie with the principal duty holder. It also seems that class 2 appliances in low risk environments may not need testing at all. Annual testing may not be required on many appliances, just a visual inspection by anyone with any sense.
With this in mind, with times already tough, possibly getting tougher, what's the point in paying £50 for the new book? I take it none of the tests or paperwork have actually changed? I know the labels no longer need a next test date.

On the subject, it appears that the changes in the 4th edition are soley to do with frequency of testing. I think that the responsibility of frequency will lie with the principal duty holder. It also seems that class 2 appliances in low risk environments may not need testing at all. Annual testing may not be required on many appliances, just a visual inspection by anyone with any sense.
With this in mind, with times already tough, possibly getting tougher, what's the point in paying £50 for the new book? I take it none of the tests or paperwork have actually changed? I know the labels no longer need a next test date.

A new item of fixed appliances has been added - those screwed to a wall such as hand driers - and class 2 appliances in, say offices, do not need to have the combined test provided the formal visual test (recorded) made. If the firm is not making the recorded visual test, I would perform the full combined test. (Also mentioned on the HSE website). Worth paying for in my opinion to keep up to date with the CoP.

Reply to IET Code of Practice in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net