Discuss If your child ended up being a sparky, would you be proud of them? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Something that might get deep this. And I'd like it if you guys kept it amicable like you usually do. But I wondered, if your boy or girl ended up being an electrician (not always like yourself EXACTLY perhaps they go down a different route but still end up doing electrics)...

.. would you be proud of them?

my lad is in slightly related field. electrics on wagons and trailers. lights/tail lifts/CCTV/etc.

What ever they did if it was legal and above board I would be proud, who wouldn't?
Yes mate I would. If they were happy cutting their legs off to support their mate in a wheel chair I think I could eventually be convinced (rightly or wrongly).

The thread has spurred from this that I saw on a plasterers forum.

How many would actually be proud if there son became q good plasterer - http://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/how-many-would-actually-be-proud-if-there-son-became-q-good-plasterer.66968/

Checkout how quickly that thread went sour.

Yes mate I would. If they were happy cutting their legs off to support their mate in a wheel chair I think I could eventually be convinced (rightly or wrongly).

The thread has spurred from this that I saw on a plasterers forum.

How many would actually be proud if there son became q good plasterer - http://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/how-many-would-actually-be-proud-if-there-son-became-q-good-plasterer.66968/

Checkout how quickly that thread went sour.
Not long at all really.

Not got kids but yeah would be proud of them, I've built a successful business from it and currently employ 3 lads so while I don't have kids myself I've hopefully made 3 sets of other parents proud lol.

I would love my son to do electrics with me. But rather selfishly as he could do all the hard work. He has however become a high flyer around computers/servers/software design at 100k per annum. I am proud of my Son for the person he is, very kind and polite, intelligent all that you would wish for in terms of character. The career is the natural corrollary of having the right attitudes in life and the can do ethos. Whatever he decides(ed) to do I will always be proud of him. My daughters... I have tried to get them interested but nothing doing which is fair enough. More than anything I want to see them working at anything earning for themselves, it grieves me to see them sucking off the state. But still I am proud of all my daughters (six) they are fabulous, but like any parent I do nag...don't know why really because it's just "yeeesss Dad" and nothing ever happens. Maybe time will do what I can not.

Yes i would be proud as i've done a lot worse jobs in my life i can tell ya but i'm not qualified yet so i really don' have the right to reply till i've had a few years under me belt but i find it interesting combined with graft and intelligence & you have something to show at the end. I am looking forward to a change of Jobs at 55 years old Fingers crossed passed me part P got me ECS Card & just took me 17th Edition but need to take it again as i only got 50% not 60% I cant wait to get a mates job till i know the ropes i live in sheffield so anyone fancy taking me on Please contact me Danny.

Yes i would be proud as i've done a lot worse jobs in my life i can tell ya but i'm not qualified yet so i really don' have the right to reply till i've had a few years under me belt but i find it interesting combined with graft and intelligence & you have something to show at the end. I am looking forward to a change of Jobs at 55 years old Fingers crossed passed me part P got me ECS Card & just took me 17th Edition but need to take it again as i only got 50% not 60% I cant wait to get a mates job till i know the ropes i live in sheffield so anyone fancy taking me on Please contact me Danny.
Who are Danny Speddings Electrical Installations if you are looking for a mates job?

Reply to If your child ended up being a sparky, would you be proud of them? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock