Discuss Indentures in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

albi

-
Reaction score
Hi every one
does any one know where I can get a copy of my Indentures as I lost them years ago. I served my time in a shipyard in Sunderland and was issued my Indentures in 1984

Contact us | City & Guilds
Replacement Certificates. If you want to request a replacement certificate, please do so online in the replacement certificates section of our website.
‎Replacement certificates - ‎Learner contact information - ‎Customer Support Form

Replacement Certificates. If you want to request a replacement certificate, please do so online in the replacement certificates section of our website.
‎Replacement certificates - ‎Learner contact information - ‎Customer Support Form

His Apprenticeship Indentures not his Qualification certificates

I feel for you, the most important piece of paper you will ever have.

The shipyard will have gone in to receivership, find out who took that over.

I was indentured about the same time. We also did the EITB J02/J22 (the NVQ is a watered down version).
The C&G should have records of EITB candidates or be able to point you to the repository of records.

I’m sorry but now I’m going to give the bad news:
When I signed my indentures to start I was given a copy that didn’t carry the company warrant. When complete I was told I had the one and only signed, sealed, document, the company didn’t hold a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] copy.
They held a record of apprentice No.XXXXXX (start and finish date) that was purely perfunctory.
This may be your lead as the receivers can’t dispose of personnel records in the event of future claims.

I wish you the very best of luck.

1. An indenture is a legal contract that reflects a debt or purchase obligation. It specifically refers to two types of practices: in historical usage, an indentured servant status, and in modern usage, an instrument used for commercial debt or real estate transaction.

What are indentures?

I have mine and I have my Father's safely locked away and to answer your question when a school leaver was offered an apprnticeship he went with his Father to meet the Works Manager of the company that was providing the apprenticeship.

There, an agreement was drawn-up which listed what was expected of the Apprentice and what the Company would provide in the way of Training and the hours of work, rate of pay etc.

It was signed by all parties - the apprentice, his Father and the Company Manager and kept by the company until the apprentice finished his "time" then it was handed to him usually by the manager in a little celebration.

It tells the dates that the apprenticeship was served and the description o the trade that the apprentice is qualified in.

In my Father's case, his says he was a Fitter & Turner and in mine says I am a Precision Engineer - so what the f*** have I been messing about with wires & pipes for?? :thinking::thinking:

Piccies here (not mine though) ... > https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...If5D8WsUf20gsgN&ved=0CE4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=646

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine and I have my Father's safely locked away and to answer your question when a school leaver was offered an apprnticeship he went with his Father to meet the Works Manager of the company that was providing the apprenticeship.

There, an agreement was drawn-up which listed what was expected of the Apprentice and what the Company would provide in the way of Training and the hours of work, rate of pay etc.

It was signed by all parties - the apprentice, his Father and the Company Manager and kept by the company until the apprentice finished his "time" then it was handed to him usually by the manager in a little celebration.

It tells the dates that the apprenticeship was served and the description o the trade that the apprentice is qualified in.

In my Father's case, his says he was a Fitter & Turner and in mine says I am a Precision Engineer - so what the f*** have I been messing about with wires & pipes for?? :thinking::thinking:

Piccies here (not mine though) ... > https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...If5D8WsUf20gsgN&ved=0CE4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=646

Geordie - that is straight out of Catherine Cookson. I had a vivid mental image of your description.:smile5:

Reply to Indentures in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock