Currently reading:
Indesit oven error F53 code / no longer heating up

Discuss Indesit oven error F53 code / no longer heating up in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pacman2D

DIY
Reaction score
The oven locked itself and the door so I had to turn off the power and can now open it again. Only thing is the oven is no longer heating up at all. I’m seeing an “F53 error” code is flashing up with a symbol of a key. I have looked at the troubleshooting section of the manual and it says “possible cause is software fault” . I also tried contacting indesit but the oven is no longer in warranty.

Model number: IFW 3841 p ix uk

Attachments

• 10A126DD-A862-439C-922B-332BD3FD5689.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 2
The oven locked itself and the door so I had to turn off the power and can now open it again. Only thing is the oven is no longer heating up at all. I’m seeing an “F53 error” code is flashing up with a symbol of a key. I have looked at the troubleshooting section of the manual and it says “possible cause is software fault” . I also tried contacting indesit but the oven is no longer in warranty.

Model number: IFW 3841 p ix uk
Did you turn off the power to the oven for a long time?
Comments on the web suggest that a power cycle to do a 'reset' should be from 15 to 60 minutes!
There's also a suggestion (link below) that a reset requires a particular off/on sequence, but I don't know if it's true, and I'm not sure it would relate to your model:

I don't have much faith in these suggestions, and you may need a service visit 🤔

Reply to Indesit oven error F53 code / no longer heating up in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back