Discuss Info Needed Large DC Magnet Panels (old Cranes) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

JoeEng

Hi all,

I am looking at changing my career path from marine engineering into industrial electrics.

I recently applied for a job as a crane service engineer, and this company service a lot of Large DC Magnet Cranes.

I have searched the internet for info on how they work, how to troubleshoot and repair. I have found very few useful links.

Does anyone have knowledge of working on Large DC Magnet panels on cranes? or do you have any literature?

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks

Joe

Company's won't post out free information on how their control systems work.

What is it you want to know? I've delt with large cranes, an large DC magnets most of my career.

That's two on side, where's the guy asking the question?

I’ve no manufactures drawings but the principal is fairly standard.

it would help to know if they're generator or rectifier driven.

Company's won't post out free information on how their control systems work.

What is it you want to know? I've delt with large cranes, an large DC magnets most of my career.

Hi again, thanks for all the replies :)

I dont have specifics like make or model.

I am looking for information on how to trouble shoot faults in the dc magnet panels
and how the dc magnet panels work to give the different controls such as inching, fail safe etc.

I have looked for training courses specific to this, but I have found none as of yet.

thanks

Joe

Fault finding will be the same as any other circuit. Easier if you have drawings.

As for making it fail safe, inching, general control. Each will differ with different makes and the application. It's a very in depth and broad subject, not something you will learn over a few days. More like years.

I doubt very much there will be a specific course for this, if the companies interested in you they are going to have to stick you with an experienced electrician for you to learn the ropes from.

Reply to Info Needed Large DC Magnet Panels (old Cranes) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock