Discuss Initial Verification & Periodics 2394 and 2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

This was City and Guilds 2391 (Closed Book Course, impressive to all the persons who have done and passed it) this changed to 2394 Initial Verification and 2395 for Periodics
Most places do it at the same time as they are basically the same course but with two different tests and paper work. So you normally see 2394/5.

Before doing these, i would suggest doing a Electrical Installations Level 3 or City and Guilds 2392 Fundamental Inspection level 2

Now City and Guild aint the only QFC Qualification Providers (but with the 2394/5 the City and Guilds, EAL and Logic Cerf all got the same class time and teacher notes!!)

Right that been said, the 2394/5 from City and Guild is still a 4/10 Pass Rate (that is for ever 5 people about 2 pass) when putting your own money in to this its a gamble i wouldnt take, so i am always Impressed with people who pass this course with City and Guilid, (i did make sure that the two guys on my course who were doing it, i was friends with)

Ive done the 2394 with Logic Cerf, open book so i figured it would give me better odds on passing, (at the end of it, its a Qualification just the same subject and level as the City and guilds one) i just passed.
When they told me how they marked it, i said you should of told me. You need to get 75% marks on every Question (Im dyslexic so can read some things wrong, but on exams i make up for this on other questions getting fully right) but if you have to get 75% on each question, means if a Question is 3Marks or Lower you have to get 100% marks. 4-7Marks you can get 75% on.

I then did 2395 with EAL (i didnt do them together, and paid a bit more money for it, as if i footed up on one course it was ÂŁ600 but bother together that was ÂŁ1100) this was Open book as well but lot more easier for me to pass.

For ever course is a bit different and it depends on people in the class and the tutor, if you take in the information correctly and fast. These Courses to me are designed to get you to Pass the TEST than to know the subject (to pass quick so its cheaper) This is why i say HANDS on is dam important as you learn little things that may pop up (old wiring for example)

So i suggest doing EAL version over City and Guilds PURLEY on its OPEN BOOK and the odds on passing is Higher. ALWAYS READ UP ON A SUBJECT BEFORE DOING THE COURSE, give yourself a head start, if you can use a test instrument that you know how to use and will be using this also could give you edge.

Well IMO they should never have done away with the C&G 2391 as it was a good benchmark on electrical knowledge. As for the 2394/5 i think C&G are still going about it the correct way by having a closed book examination. If I was employing someone I wouldn't entertain anyone who had done the open book version as personally I think it's bit of a farce. Obviously the odds on passing are higher but your chances of gaining employment would be lower.

City and Guilds 2391/2394/2395 impressive people who have done it..

I will debate for the Open Book version

-------------

Circuit Breakers a book by Jordan Billingsley and Brooke Carson
Romance story book

[h=1]The City & Guilds Textbook: Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) 2365 Units 201-4 and 210 (Vocational) a book by J L Deans, P Harris, A Hay-Ellis and T Pickard[/h]Text book

Guidance Note 3 by IET
Referance book

My case there is, it is a Refereance book (not made to be remembered) but a book that should forever be changing over time with the changes in the wiring Regs. Just like the 17th Edition Wiring Regs are just a Refereance book not made to be remembed but the Test is there to make you use the book to know as a check up that you are doing it correct to current edition.

Someone asked what forms you needed for a Perodic as they were doing there 2395. Chapter 5 Forms, 5,3 Periodics Inspection tells you to use F3, F4 and F6.

But all the Books 'Requirements for Electrical Installations' 'On Site Guide' 'Guidance Note' and the 'Best Practice Guide' are Guide/Reference maybe to help you on the way, because people are people and forget things, and need to look them up now and then, also things change, BS767:2008(2015) changes to Requirements of Electrical Installations, OnSite Guide and the Guidance Note, I also see the Best Practice Guide 4 has jumped to Issue 4 now.

There are too many people doing things because it was ok 20yr+ ago, than keeping up with the little changes and reading the new requirements. Know one knows every thing, it is why i hate being called a Computer Wiz Kidd, having studied Electronics and Computers (sadly only ALevel standards, after that expressing things gets a bit too hard)

Reply to Initial Verification & Periodics 2394 and 2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net