Discuss Inspection and testing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

Whit79

Hi. I'm a qualified electrical engineer and work in a production hall. I have 17th edition and currently doing inspection and testing, and annual inspection course. My question is because I work I a factory how do I get certified and if I can't how can I put the inspection and testing to good use when doing private jobs. Thank you in advance. Whit79

When you say 'certified' what do you mean? Do you mean registered with an approved body such as NICEIC or fully qualified to acheive the 'Electrician' JIB grade?

Yes thats what I mean. I'm also doing annual inspection and testing. I would like to start working on the side I just don't know what I'm able to do and what I can't do. Do I need to also get part p? I'm not wanting to go fully into domestic electrics. Thanks in advance.

To do EICRs you only need to be competent and have the relevant technical and practical skills but the Old C&G 2391 or the new (C&G 2394 and 2395 and is a way to show your competence.

Oh and calibrated test equipment is vital also lol

Last edited:
To do EICRs you only need to be competent and have the relevant technical and practical skills but the Old C&G 2391 or the new (C&G 2394 and 2395 and is a way to show your competence.

Oh and calibrated test equipment is vital also lol
and professional indemnity insurance :)

Reply to Inspection and testing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock