Discuss Install new R F Thermostat reciever. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Ajt

Hello I'm new to the forum and this is my first request for some help and advice please.
I have a present a manual Honeywell room thermostat..
i am wanting to change this for a RF thermostat and reciever as I'm disabled and will save me having to go into another room to turn on the heating as that's all the present wall thermostat does.

old/the present room thermostat with only three wires Red=live/blue=neutral/yellow=?
image.jpg

This is the new RF thermostat reciever that has four connections..
image.jpg

Wiring diagram for reciever.

image.jpg

I can see that there is a connection for the live and neutral and two other input connections..
I have connected live and neutral (red-live/blue-neutral) and tried yellow wire in NO and COM the thermostat clicks on and off when I adjust temp on hand thermostat unit but heating does not come on..

any help or advise would be most appreciated.
Ajt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Ajt :)

I have approved your post for the general forum for the time to give a quicker reply, when Admin' are next on line you may be given DIY status and the thread relocated, this won't effect any posts already made :)

The yellow is the switch live to either the valve or boiler depending on what system you have. Is the new thermostat programmable? And do you have an existing timer/programmer for the CH?

The yellow is the switch live to either the valve or boiler depending on what system you have. Is the new thermostat programmable? And do you have an existing timer/programmer for the CH?

Hi thanks for replying..
No it's a simple unit just turns on heating using the hand unit..it's simply temp up and down to turn the heating on or off via RF unit so I can turn on heating from my chair sort of thing.

'yes I have an excisting timer programmer that is just set to ON and not touched ever as I use the room wall thermostat I want to change to RF one to turn heating on or off or at a set temp on dial.

If the original thermostat is controlling a 230v heating valve,connect the red wire to the L terminal, connect the blue wire to the N terminal , link the L terminal to the C terminal and connect the yellow wire to the NO terminal
this is assuming the blue wire in the original thermostat is a neutral cable

If the original thermostat is controlling a 230v heating valve,connect the red wire to the L terminal, connect the blue wire to the N terminal , link the L terminal to the C terminal and connect the yellow wire to the NO terminal
this is assuming the blue wire in the original thermostat is a neutral cable

But if the thermostat is connected to a programmer/timer then it would have to be set to constant/override. If this was the case id rather connect the receiver directly to the wiring center so there wasn't two timers in series.

I am only working on the basis of the RF unit being a direct replacment of the thermostat,I am assuming there is a transmitter somewhere sending a signal to the Reciever

I am only working on the basis of the RF unit being a direct replacment of the thermostat,I am assuming there is a transmitter somewhere sending a signal to the Reciever
Receiver would need fitted where current stat is, then programmer would either need bypassed or set to permanently on for that CH Zone.

My understanding from the OP, is the RF thermostat is being located in a different room sending a signal back to the Reciever at the original stat position , and as such the original control strategy has not changed

My understanding from the OP, is the RF thermostat is being located in a different room sending a signal back to the Reciever at the original stat position , and as such the original control strategy has not changed

I understand what you mean but the live supply to original stat position could be via a programmer. If new thermostat is programmable then what 123 said.

Reply to Install new R F Thermostat reciever. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net