Discuss Installation certificate of is it.......... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

UPS

-
Reaction score
Recently I went to a property of six bedrooms with a shared bathroom and kitchen for all six rooms to do an EICR. Here are some of the issues I found when doing an EICR Ze of 259ohms, single insulated cables ran in walls no C.P.C in lighting circuits and metal fittings there was 25+ issues on my sheet. I sent this to the letting agent who I do quite a bit of work for and they asked me to compile a quote for them which I did and sent this to the letting agent who responded a few days later asking me to have a look through the cert for him because no one has been in contact with him who has the master set of keys and has to give notice to tenants of needing to get into each room. I have photos of all of the issues ive noted on my eicr but some how the letting agent has this appear in hes email inbox. Where does he stand in this?

Attachments

• Installation certificate of is it.......... blanked 4 - EletriciansForums.net
    blanked 4.png
    734.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Installation certificate of is it.......... blanked 3 - EletriciansForums.net
    blanked 3.png
    932.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Installation certificate of is it.......... blanked 2 - EletriciansForums.net
    blanked 2.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Installation certificate of is it.......... Untitled - EletriciansForums.net
    Untitled.png
    515.7 KB · Views: 66
i can't understand how those Zs readings have been obtained when the Ze is 259 ohms. on a TN-S, that's horrendous.

Are you saying that someone else has done this electrical installation cert saying the property is safe and you have done an EICR and found 25 + observations ,or was the ECR done by someone else who had carried out remedial work to rectify the items you identified

hangon. just looked back. OP went to do a EICR and the pics are an EIC, so looks like a dodgy installation with the EIC made up by the fairies.

hangon. just looked back. OP went to do a EICR and the pics are an EIC, so looks like a dodgy installation with the EIC made up by the fairies.
That what I'm trying to establish. Is the Pictures are of an ECR done by someone else and the OP has done an EICR

Last edited:

Yep I clocked that too which added to my confusion.

Did the OP carry out an EICR and his office issued a EIC ?
Is that EIC a dubious previous inspection ?
Has the letting agent received that in error and it pertains to another installation ?

Incidentally, how can an Electrical Installation Certificate be issued with the extent of works listed as "inspection & test"?

If it's not an initial verification then it is completely the wrong document, and if it is an initial verification no-one knows what it actually relates to.

Sounds to me that he went to inspect a HMO..... but I could be wrong.... the OP could be clearer!

Sorry I should have been more clear. I got asked to do an EICR of the property in question and failed it on multiple issues. The people that done the renovation then get their electrician in to do an EICR because the electrician who done the work on the renovation is AWOL. No corrective works have taken place but an EICR on an installation cert has appeared saying the property is electrically safe. Where does the letting agent and property owner stand legally on this?

Sorry I should have been more clear. I got asked to do an EICR of the property in question and failed it on multiple issues. The people that done the renovation then get their electrician in to do an EICR because the electrician who done the work on the renovation is AWOL. No corrective works have taken place but an EICR on an installation cert has appeared saying the property is electrically safe. Where does the letting agent and property owner stand legally on this?

That is a very interesting question.

For starters you can not use an EIC to report on an installation.

So the landlord should go back to the "spark" and clarify this position - then with the answer, take it Elecsa....

I agree with murdoch, the firm that did the renovation and issued the dodgy cert should be contacted and asked to explain why no appropriate certification has been issued, and why issues persist that have been highlighted in previous reports and that may prevent the renovation work complying with BS7671.

All corrective work that needs doing to sort this situation out to the satisfaction of the customer should be undertaken at the cost of the renovation contractor. Any dispute over this should be brought to the attention of Elecsa and trading standards.

They have converted what looks like three bedrooms into four bedrooms new kitchen bathroom and downstairs shower room. Looks nice when you walk in all nice new metal decorative switches and lights everywhere but when you start taking stuff apart the more you find wrong.

Looks like Elesa and trading standards it is. As far as the renovation company is concerned he is not an electrician so does not know what he is looking at but he has a cert that does not say the installation is electrically unsafe.

I've said to the letting agent to get another opinion of someone impartial but can that be done through elesa they must have people to check complaints like this?

They have converted what looks like three bedrooms into four bedrooms new kitchen bathroom and downstairs shower room. Looks nice when you walk in all nice new metal decorative switches and lights everywhere but when you start taking stuff apart the more you find wrong.

Looks like Elesa and trading standards it is. As far as the renovation company is concerned he is not an electrician so does not know what he is looking at but he has a cert that does not say the installation is electrically unsafe.

I've said to the letting agent to get another opinion of someone impartial but can that be done through elesa they must have people to check complaints like this?

Are you saying the guy that issued the elecsa cert is not an electrician and is not registered with elecsa ?

No the contractor who done the whole renovation who got the electrician in who has now gone AWOL got another electrician in who issued the cert above. Which I strongly believe to be made up to cover up the issues that should have been sorted out on the renovation.

No the contractor who done the whole renovation who got the electrician in who has now gone AWOL got another electrician in who issued the cert above. Which I strongly believe to be made up to cover up the issues that should have been sorted out on the renovation.

Ah right. As I said before then, a meeting between the renovating contractor, electrician who issued the cert, and the customer who paid for the work is needed to find out what solution can be offered.

Reply to Installation certificate of is it.......... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock